ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Language Requirements for Naturalisation - Date of LitUK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oace

Language Requirements for Naturalisation - Date of LitUK

Post by oace » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:46 pm

Hi All,

Have seen so many people asking this question but no conclusion yet so thought I'd put it up in simple words for experts to answer;

Option in the form AN [1.22] " I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013"

The confusion is the word 'met' - Does it refer to the date when someone passed the LitUK test or when they actually applied for ILR?

For some people, they passed the LitUK test BEFORE 28th Oct 2013 and applied for ILR AFTER this date. If 'meeting the requirement' refers to passing the test, then obviously the above option doesn't apply to them. But it could easily be interpreted the other way, as it uses the phrase 'qualify for settlement on or after 28 Oct' so the above option absolutely applies to them as the 'qualification' happened when they applied.

Please can experts help.

Thanks

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Language Requirements for Naturalisation - Date of LitUK

Post by fwd079 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:49 pm

Qualifying doesn't mean granted, so if your ILR is granted before 28th October 2013 you need to meet show LIUK and English eligibility documents again.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

oace

Post by oace » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:27 pm

Thanks fwd079 for your reply. My question is actually for the situation where someone passed the LitUK test BEFORE 28th Oct 2013 and applied/granted ILR AFTER 28th Oct 2013.
For some people, they passed the LitUK test BEFORE 28th Oct 2013 and applied for ILR AFTER this date. If 'meeting the requirement' refers to passing the test, then obviously the above option doesn't apply to them. But it could easily be interpreted the other way, as it uses the phrase 'qualify for settlement on or after 28 Oct' so the above option absolutely applies to them as the 'qualification' happened when they applied.
Does the option " I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013" apply in this case? (the case being having passed LitUK before 28 Oct 2013 and ILR application after this date)

Thanks

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:55 pm

Yes, I believe so. You can tick that box since you met the requirements meaning granted ILR, after 28 October 2013.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.