ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

October 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mastavis
Newly Registered

Re: October 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by mastavis » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:07 pm

Eligibility criteria: Tier 1 general 5 years + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met : UK Degree Masters + Life in The UK Test
Method of application: Hounslow Council NCS
Date of application: 15/10/2014
Payment method: Cheque
Date of receipt by UKBA: Not sure
Date of acknowledgment: 30/10/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 30/10/2014
Date approval received: Longest wait ever
Date of ceremony:

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:14 pm

Thanks for the kind comments. I sent my reconsideration with a special delivery envelope, so I'll know as soon as something is being sent to me. I feel like that was a silly move on my part as I keep checking the tracking online every 5 minutes! haha. Nothing yet but all fingers crossed that it's a yes this time and that it'll come soon. :)

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:04 pm

[quote="Julian11"]Thanks for the kind comments. I sent my reconsideration with a special delivery envelope, so I'll know as soon as something is being sent to me. I feel like that was a silly move on my part as I keep checking the tracking online every 5 minutes! haha. Nothing yet but all fingers crossed that it's a yes this time and that it'll come soon. :)[/quote]

May I ask julian11 how much is the reconsideration? I thought it was free just cost a postage as you just needed to write a letter with an explanation

jojybaba

Post by jojybaba » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:34 pm

I applied 6 Oct 14 ncs(tier1 ilr)

Approved on 3rd March 2015..

Unlucky children mn1 refused though they have ilr
and in UK since jun2012
born out side uk...age 12,10.9

Reason wife don't have ilr,

Very depressed as wife ilr refused as well due to English

qcsote="jaweb"]
Julian11 wrote:Thanks for the kind comments. I sent my reconsideration with a special delivery envelope, so I'll know as soon as something is being sent to me. I feel like that was a silly move on my part as I keep checking the tracking online every 5 minutes! haha. Nothing yet but all fingers crossed that it's a yes this time and that it'll come soon. :)

May I ask julian11 how much is the reconsideration? I thought it was free just cost a postage as you just needed to write a letter with an explanation[/quote]

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:37 am

[quote="jojybaba"]I applied 6 Oct 14 ncs(tier1 ilr)

Approved on 3rd March 2015..

Unlucky children mn1 refused though they have ilr
and in UK since jun2012
born out side uk...age 12,10.9

Reason wife don't have ilr,

Very depressed as wife ilr refused as well due

im sorry to hear that but as you have got your approval they can have British passports, cant they?
Anyway how this MN1 works?

I have a friend couple. The girls is from EEA state and the husband is from Brazil. They have a daughter and they want to do this MN1 form registration for their child. The guy is on family visa and the mother is not completed the 5 years yet. When can the child get the British passport? When is sge 18 years old?

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:12 pm

MN1 means Registration of children as British citizen. It seems that now it expects both parents to have ILR. It wasn't the case few years ago when my friend applied, his wife still being on dependant visa for work permit.

I applied along with my daughter, but firstly I had my wife's visa changed from dependant to ILR, even though she had three years left on dependant visa. This is just because I had a feeling the discretion is gone now since govt is strict. So I'd request to apply for wife's ILR first.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:14 pm

[quote="fwd079"]MN1 means Registration of children as British citizen. It seems that now it expects both parents to have ILR. It wasn't the case few years ago when my friend applied, his wife still being on dependant visa for work permit.

I applied along with my daughter, but firstly I had my wife's visa changed from dependant to ILR, even though she had three years left on dependant visa. This is just because I had a feeling the discretion is gone now since govt is strict. So I'd request to apply for wife's ILR first.[/quote]

Thanks fwd079 :-)

So if the mother gets the PR card and wait 12 months then they can apply for their child's registration. So when the child will get the passport?

sircas
Newly Registered

Post by sircas » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:27 pm

Eligibility criteria: ILR and Exemption from Immigrational Control due being in HM Forces(Army)
Language criteria met : Life in The UK Test + ESOL
Method of application: Self (Posted from Overseas Germany)
Date of application: 08/10/2014
Payment method: Cheque
Date of receipt by UKBA: Not sure
Date of acknowledgment: 16/10/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 17/10/2014
Date approval received: Waiting.......
Date of ceremony: Waiting.........

PS: Please if anyone has any experience on applying from Overseas please get in touch!! The sad thing is that I am stuck in Germany and can't go to UK due to Home Office having my passport. There is also no mechanism for me to request a document back from overseas.

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:44 am

jaweb wrote: So if the mother gets the PR card and wait 12 months then they can apply for their child's registration. So when the child will get the passport?
You can apply for child's MN1 immediately after the mother gets ILR, you dont have to wait for 12 months or anything. After MN1 approval you can apply for child's passport which takes around 2-3 weeks to arrive.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:56 pm

[quote="zeusmagnanimous"][quote="jaweb"]
So if the mother gets the PR card and wait 12 months then they can apply for their child's registration. So when the child will get the passport?[/quote]

You can apply for child's MN1 immediately after the mother gets ILR, you dont have to wait for 12 months or anything. After MN1 approval you can apply for child's passport which takes around 2-3 weeks to arrive.[/quote]

Thanks for your info :-)

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:22 am

Officially entered my 6th month of wait now as I applied on 10/10/14. God knows how long it will take.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:36 am

Hopefully you will get it soon as like others who have been waiting

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:09 am

Feeling quite disappointed. My MP has gotten back to me and said that the issue was with the evidence of my 5 years of EU treaty right (but not exactly what evidence), which the caseworker on the phone told me it was with not having a 6th year of treaty rights (when I only need 5 as I am married to a BC). Had I been told it was an evidence issue, one I am surprised they didn't request clarification in the first place before making a decision, and second of all, it means I wasn't able to address the real issue in my reconsideration letter meaning I may have missed my only chance. I explained this to my MP who is going to phone them back today. They weren't able to tell my MP what the evidence issue was exactly, though, which is really disappointing as well. How can I prove that I did qualify when originally they told me it was something totally different and now they say something else, but not exactly what it is? (Not to mention that usually, if they dislike the evidence, they write to you asking for alternative evidence. Several EU treaty rights people have been asked that here before, so it makes me feel extra hurt that I never was, if this was indeed the issue.)

If it is indeed an evidence issue, in light of them telling me it was something else, I hope I'll get a chance to prove that I did indeed have all 5 years. But we'll see. If they reject me since I didn't mention this aspect in my reconsideration, I don't know what I can do. Not feeling very hopeful now.
Last edited by Julian11 on Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:12 am

Julian11 wrote:Feeling quite disappointed. My MP has gotten back to me and said that the issue was with the evidence of my 5 years of EU treaty right (but not exactly what evidence), which the caseworker on the phone told me it was with not having a 6th year of treaty rights (when I only need 5 as I am married to a BC). Had I been told it was an evidence issue, one I am surprised they didn't request clarification in the first place before making a decision, and second of all, it means I wasn't able to address the real issue in my reconsideration letter meaning I may have missed my only chance. I explained this to my MP who is going to phone them back today. They weren't able to tell my MP what the evidence issue was exactly, though, which is really disappointing as well. How can I prove that I did qualify when originally they told me it was something totally different and now they say something else, but not exactly what it is?

If it is indeed an evidence issue, in light of them telling me it was something else, I hope I'll get a chance to prove that I did indeed have all 5 years. But we'll see. If they reject me since I didn't mention this aspect in my reconsideration, I don't know what I can do. Not feeling very hopeful now.
I feel for you mate.
But I get a feeling if its an evidence issue then your MP after calling can tell you what evidence they need and you can provide that evidence straightaway. Be it a document or a covering letter etc. So I'd not lose hope and see what MP says now. Good luck.

WOLVES2014

Post by WOLVES2014 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:05 pm

aitwaitwaitwait I applied on the 21/10/214 and when I called they 6months is april so april 21 for u thts 10 april which is not too far now ..all the best to us and every

Julian do not loose hope yet,,,

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:15 pm

Applied 3 November, very straitforward, waiting with you... I can wait 6 months but don't want to wait much longer... :shock: :lol: I guess I would be prepared to wait longer if it was not straitforward but there is no logic when some people get it in 2-3 weeks and others wait for ages. I am sure my application is not more complicated than 2-3 weeks applications...

annesophia261
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by annesophia261 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:06 pm

2 applications - mine and my husbands
Eligibility criteria: 5 years Tier 1 + 1 year ILRLanguage criteria met : Life in The UK Test + ESOL
Method of application: Self
Date of application: 05/03/2015
Payment method: debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 06/03/2015 (confirmed by Royal mail tracking)
Date of acknowledgment: my husband received conf email on 13/03/2015, I havent received
Date of debit or clearance of fees: both cleared on 12/03/2015

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by fwd079 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:18 pm

annesophia261 wrote:2 applications - mine and my husbands
Eligibility criteria: 5 years Tier 1 + 1 year ILRLanguage criteria met : Life in The UK Test + ESOL
Method of application: Self
Date of application: 05/03/2015
Payment method: debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 06/03/2015 (confirmed by Royal mail tracking)
Date of acknowledgment: my husband received conf email on 13/03/2015, I havent received
Date of debit or clearance of fees: both cleared on 12/03/2015
You should post in this thread, because you posted in October 2014 application thread.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Re: Hello

Post by jaweb » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:47 pm

[quote="DarrellCroB"]If you are looking for ladies shoes,good quality with comfort check out this site http://shoes.4mytop.com/[/quote]

What the heck???

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:11 pm

Reported to admins already, perhaps they saw you posting here :lol:

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:12 pm

Our october timeline forum is very quiet, anyone still waiting like me? I Applied on 10/10/2014.

ukba2536

Post by ukba2536 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:35 pm

waitwaitwait wrote:Our october timeline forum is very quiet, anyone still waiting like me? I Applied on 10/10/2014.

yes I'm still waiting applied on 3-10-14

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:37 pm

Still waiting too applied on 28-10-2014 also called few times and same line all the time "under going process" all the best everyone
LaDolceVita

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:06 pm

So I'm not the only one.
Nearly 6 months for all of us.
I thought my case was straightforward with as clean record as it can be with not even a point on my license, both my referees are civil servants but there you go.
My dad came to visit us in december to spend Xmas and possibly attend my citizenship ceremony as he was super excited about it that it is such a proud moment for us. Unfortunately he passed away suddenly due to a heart attack in February.Now im planning to take his ashes back to home country as per the rituals so My wife(british citizen) even contacted our mp to see if HO can consider making a decision as its already been 4.5 months (in feb) so before i take my dads ashes we can feel he was with us in the ceremony which he always wanted to be part of. We hoped they will consider compassionate ground to atleast assign it to a caseworker and try to do the checks and stuff to make a decision but they sent standard response to my mp as well that nothing can be rushed it will be decided when every check is complete due to decembers report and them needing to do more checks.
It is unbelievable that it takes them so much time and the worst thing is they are sending jan feb even march application approvals but us lot from 2014 are stuck.
The only good thing is that i used ncs so i have my pp and ilr to travel.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:37 pm

[quote="waitwaitwait"]So I'm not the only one.
Nearly 6 months for all of us.
I thought my case was straightforward with as clean record as it can be with not even a point on my license, both my referees are civil servants but there you go.
My dad came to visit us in december to spend Xmas and possibly attend my citizenship ceremony as he was super excited about it that it is such a proud moment for us. Unfortunately he passed away suddenly due to a heart attack in February.Now im planning to take his ashes back to home country as per the rituals so My wife(british citizen) even contacted our mp to see if HO can consider making a decision as its already been 4.5 months (in feb) so before i take my dads ashes we can feel he was with us in the ceremony which he always wanted to be part of. We hoped they will consider compassionate ground to atleast assign it to a caseworker and try to do the checks and stuff to make a decision but they sent standard response to my mp as well that nothing can be rushed it will be decided when every check is complete due to decembers report and them needing to do more checks.
It is unbelievable that it takes them so much time and the worst thing is they are sending jan feb even march application approvals but us lot from 2014 are stuck.
The only good thing is that i used ncs so i have my pp and ilr to travel.[/quote]

oh, I am sorry for your loss :-(
Even some March applicants received their approvals which is strange as my husband applied on 2nd March and still nothing others applied days later and got their approval last week...

I know its not relevant but may I ask which nationality do you hold?