ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

got PR but no passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ramabola

got PR but no passport

Post by Ramabola » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:15 am

i got my PR :) thank you all who gave me advices, but i havent got my passport and other life in the uk test.. they endorsed on paper my PR..i dont know how will i get back my passport by endorsed?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: got PR but no passport

Post by chaoclive » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:58 pm

Silly question, but did you ask for your passport to be returned before your PR was issued? I haven't heard of anyone else getting their PR on the A4 sheet if they didn't ask for their passport back early.

I would write to them again using the address on the letter enclosed with your PR. Address this directly to the caseworker if their name is on the letter.

Ramabola

Post by Ramabola » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:41 pm

That's my second application, in first application my pr Refused and I never receive my passport and original documents that's why I wondering if they kept my passport or lost ?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:54 am

Ok...there's no reason for them to keep your passport at all if you've been granted PR! Get on to them ASAP. I'm sure they have seen your passport; otherwise they won't issue PR but I'm not sure where it might have gone to now!

Ramabola

Post by Ramabola » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:13 pm

Thank you for advices,not only my passport also my life in the uk test certification lost, which address should I email or phone them?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:49 pm

Ramabola wrote:Thank you for advices,not only my passport also my life in the uk test certification lost, which address should I email or phone them?
I'm not sure that there is a number of email you can use. I would recommend writing first to get things in process.

Is there a phone number on the letter? There was a number for a kind of European Enquiries Centre on this forum before but I can't find it at present. Have a look through (it may be called a different name now).

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Ramabola

Post by Ramabola » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:01 pm

Thank you very much, I will try to contact local immigration office if they kept my passport and other important documents cos in first refusal letter it was saying your passport retain in local immigration office