ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British baby indian mother

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

miele
Newly Registered

British baby indian mother

Post by miele » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:57 am

My son's got married a year ago to an indian girl, she is not british been in UK for 3 or 4 years. My son is british born. Their baby is 6 weeks old. When his wife found out she was pregnant her parents told her to put the baby on her passport, I told my son that she cannot do that because she is not british after many argument my son told me his wife solicitor said the baby should be put on her passport it'll be no problem the solicitor is indian also.

My son and his wife relationship has always kept secret from me, I met his wife in December, January they came back from India engaged, March they were married by June she was pregnant, my son lied saying he was going to India to attend his friend wedding then said the wedding was cancelled and that he is staying with his then girlfriend which I didn't even know he had who became his wife.

Their baby has been registered and they have 4 copies of his birth certificate, my son has put a different surname to his on the baby birth certificate, our surname starts with St, but he's put Saint hopefully that is no problem, I ask him for a copy of my grandson birth certificate but he has refused to give me one even though he told me he's got me a copy. I told him I shall check with my solicitor to make sure it won't be a problem but for some reasons he says they want to use his wife solicitor and not mine.

They seems to panic every time, I mention my solicitor, his wife mother talking in her language said something about passport, she is in UK and staying with my son and his wife, she is going back April or May, I am very concern that I may lose my grandson that they'll take him to India, my son do not know the indian culture, they are trying everything to keep me away, the wife has been married before and have a family in India, my son do not know of it she told me before they got married that it is not her first time being married which surprised me.

My son's wife act strange when she is in my company, she doesn't talk much and I am not allowed to ask much question or give any opinion my son would stop me talking before I open my mouth, yet his wife mother can say and ask anything she wants, she of course has been given her copy of my grandson birth certificate and is in charge of sorting out my grandson passport.

I would like some advice, I'm I correct to be concern about my grandson? Is there somethingI can do if she decide to take him out of the country to India, I am very worry for my grand baby what will happen to him. My son is very blind to what's going on and do her bidding.

Is an indian mother allowed to have her child on her passport even though she is not british?

Can she take him out of UK?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.

ban.s

Re: British baby indian mother

Post by ban.s » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:41 am

The child's name is no longer added onto mother's passport anymore and separate passport is issused for the child.
The child has a claim to Indian nationality (from mother) and british nationality (from father) - however the child can't hold both passport at the same time. If you son hasn't provided correct name onto the birth certificate there may be issue to claim british nationality from father and may be additional documents/checks will be required.

miele
Newly Registered

Post by miele » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:53 pm

ban.s wrote:The child's name is no longer added onto mother's passport anymore and separate passport is issused for the child.
The child has a claim to Indian nationality (from mother) and british nationality (from father) - however the child can't hold both passport at the same time. If you son hasn't provided correct name onto the birth certificate there may be issue to claim british nationality from father and may be additional documents/checks will be required.
Thank you for your reply appreciate it. Yes the surname issue need sorted, I will speak to my solicitor about that. As far as I know a child become british automatically if the father is british born.

If the baby is british he cannot hold an indian passport, if the mother is not british she's restricted to take the child to India because he is british and need to return back to UK.

I'm not 100% sure with it all and would like to know about indian law and India immigration/Citizenship law. Do you know where I can find document that would help.

Many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:57 pm

See also here.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

miele
Newly Registered

Home office

Post by miele » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:11 am

My son wrote a letter to home office saying that I've known his wife since March 2012 and that I was aware of their relationship/marriage. 2011 to 2013 he was in a relationship to his british girlfriend. I never knew of his indian wife.

I found the letter yesterday by accident in my Computer. I am not happy for what he has done. His indian wife admitted to me she married him because of her visa was running out and they don't love each other.

The wife has done one year and have 4 years to go before she can apply for ILR. I never knew she existed until December 24th 2013 by March 2014 they were married which I found out a week before their wedding. They now have a 2 months old son which I'm stressed about his future.

Can someone tell me what the outcome in my case, I want to ring home office about the letter that I did not know its purpose nor knew what was written, I would have never signed the letter if I knew. I don't want to get a knock on my door or phone call from home office saying I've done something illegal.

Is their marriage illegal? What will happen when home office found out their marriage are not genuine but for convenience of the indian wife visa runs out. What is the outcome for my grandson, my son is british born in UK, we are all born british except for his indian wife.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

vinny

Re: Home office

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:33 am

It was wrong for him to write what he wrote, if it was false. Finding it on a computer doesn't necessary mean that it was sent.

However, If they have, and are raising, a baby together, then isn't there a possibility that their marriage is now genuine?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

miele
Newly Registered

Re: Home office

Post by miele » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:25 am

Thank you Vinny for your reply, yes the letter has been passed to the wife indian solicitor I believe.

They are yet to raise their baby together by themselves, they lived with me right through the wife pregnancy up until the baby was 3 weeks old, I did all the night feeding from 7.30pm neither one got up to feed the baby, I used to give them the baby back at 9.30am it was always my son who came to get the baby his wife never bothered even though she was always welcome in my bedroom.

The wife mother flew from India to UK the same day they went to their home and is the one now doing the night feed, she is staying until may. The baby has 4 copies of birth certificate they changed his name and they both panic as I said before when I mentioned my solicitor, I know for sure my son wife was never interested in her pregnancy nor did they buy a single clothe, nappy for the baby, I bought everything even though they were both working and I took no money from either of them.

I spoke to home office about the baby birth certificate they agree there's something illegal going on. My son was given £17,000.00 straight into his bank account not his wife. His mother in law knew about their engagement nothing was said to me, I never knew she existed before then 11 weeks later they were married my son told me he was getting married one week before their wedding, Xmas I gave them £100.00 each when I told my son I put the money each in a xmas card, he jumps down my throat and said no give it all to him and never give the wife money. They never say they love each other , she said she like my son but don't love him.

It's all very strange, my son would barely let me speak about my own things in front of his ma in law, he started arguing with me for no reason almost as if to keep me away which has now happened, his wife mother says if things goes wrong they'll all go back to India for good.

My son was going to pick up some of their stuff including the baby crib which they left behind and the new buggy also when I mentioned home office, he told his dad to bin all their stuff including the baby new crib he is not coming home to pick those stuff he's going to keep himself away from us.

The wife already cut us all off her life the same stranger I welcome in my home for several months.

We have a strong feeling the wife will not stay they have a new home but she seems very unhappy to be in her home even when we told her she has a lovely home, she said she doesn't want to be there at my home she kept herself locked in my son room until the baby was born she said she was allergic to cats but I found her picking my cat up and show her mother on skype the wife barely talk to us though her english is fluent but talk ten to the dozen to her friends in English away from us and in indian to her mother.

What ever they want to do now is there problem I just want to clear my name should problem arises with home office.

Sorry for the long message.