ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

apply for ILR and extension for dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KhanzadaKhan
Pakistan

apply for ILR and extension for dependent

Post by KhanzadaKhan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:04 am

Hi

Can someone please help me with this query?

My five years are completing on 1st July 2015 under Tier 1 (General) and I am applying for ILR around first week of Jun (can apply 28 days before). My current Tier 1 (General) visa is finishing on 18th Oct 2015 so does my wife. As I am applying for ILR, I want to apply her visa which will be the 1st extension for her. Can I apply for her too with this application or I should apply now and then apply for my wife in Sept/Oct? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

spzenthil

Re: apply for ILR and extension for dependent

Post by spzenthil » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:49 am

If your wife doesn't qualify for ILR then you need to extend her as Tier 1 General dependent then i would suggest you do it close to her expiry date as her next visa extension granted only will be for 3 years and she needs to be qualified for ILR with that extension itself.

thanks,
-Senthil

KhanzadaKhan
Pakistan

Post by KhanzadaKhan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:31 am

Yes she doesn't qualify for ILR yet. She got just got dependent visa in Jan 2015. So i dont know but i think she has to apply for third extension anyway? after getting first visa ext visa in Sept/Oct.

KhanzadaKhan
Pakistan

Post by KhanzadaKhan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:37 am

Could anyone please help on this? thanks

Can my wife apply for extension with me as her visa is expiring in Oct?

spzenthil

Post by spzenthil » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:13 am

If her Tier 1 dependent visa is starting from Jan 2015 only then I think it would be better to switch her to FLR as you would save on fee for her as it is costlier for Tier 1 dependent.

My advise is get your ILR and then apply her as ILR dependent which will reset her clock for fresh 5 years, since she was here from Jan 2015 only she won't loose out much on time. You might need to show english language requirement for her and earnings requirement for your family. You can find the requirements of it already in this forum or other senior members can comment on it.

Cheers,
-Senthil