ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions Regarding ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Questions Regarding ILR

Post by scorpio_besal » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:22 pm

Hello Everyone,

I want to thank everyone from this forum who help and share with others.

Dear members I have few doubts which I hope you could be able to help me with.

1) I am due for ILR (Tier 1 G 5 Year Route) next year Mar 2016 and I have few doubts regarding that, I read one of the requirement of the ILR is Life in UK test and English Language Test.
I have passed the Life in UK test this year and I have already proven my English during my Tier 1 application as my Masters Degree from India was showing in the Points based calculator.
So am I correct, to prove the knowledge of Language and Life in UK at the time of ILR application I can show the print out from the PBS calculator showing that I have got 10 point for the English and my Life in UK pass certificate.

2) I recently got married in April 2013 and we had our daughter in Jan 2014, I am aware that my partner and my child would not qualify for ILR in Mar 2016,
Does my wife and child have to apply for FLR M or a different form.

3) Since for ILR purposes I would not require to show maintenance funds for my self however my wife and daughter would be eligible and they would have to apply as my dependent , how much would I require to show as maintenance funds.

4) My partner joined me in Aug 2013 in UK and left for India in Oct 2013 as she was expecting and later joined me in Aug 2014 with my daughter, when do you think my partner and child would be eligible for ILR.

5) Does my wife have to prove her English while applying for my dependent (FLR M).

Thank you to everyone who is reading this and for your help in clearing my doubts, I would really appreciate it.
Last edited by scorpio_besal on Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

pranav.vaidya

Re: Questions Regarding ILR

Post by pranav.vaidya » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:11 pm

Hi,

I will attempt to answer some of your questions. For other questions please wait for one of the seniors to reply -

1. Yes. you can show on PBS copy and show your original pass certificate. Keep it safe as you don't get a duplicate copy.

3. I don't think you need maintenance funds for your dependents.

4. Your child would be eligible for ILR along with you. Your partner has to be living with you at the same address for min. 2 years before qualifying for ILR.

5. I believe no.

All the best.
Thanks.

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:50 pm

pranav.vaidya wrote: Your partner has to be living with you at the same address for min. 2 years before qualifying for ILR.
That would be incorrect.
5 years probation period applies for PBS partners whose first application was after July 2012.

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:03 pm

Thanks Pranav and Cfdman for taking your time to reply.

I didnt know that my child (born in India Jan 2014) would be eligible for ILR in Mar 2016 and I thought since my wife cant apply for ILR I would need to show maintenance funds for her in my bank account.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

spzenthil

Post by spzenthil » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:47 pm

Strictly speaking your child won't be eligible for ILR along with you. She is eligible only after your wife is eligible. Also you don't need them to switch to FLR (M) if you do that then their continuous residence will reset and your wife has to spend another 5 years for ILR. Both your wife and child can keep extending PBS dependent visa till the 5 years is met and then apply ILR. Maintenance of funds need to be shown if you are extending it as PBS dependent.

Cheers,
-Senthil

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:51 pm

Thanks Senthil for your reply.

I was reading the following topic posted by sushdmehta (Moderator)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1008938

" Child
Child born abroad - A child dependant with leave as PBS dependant may apply for settlement at the same time as the principal PBS migrant. " Under section 319J

So would this rule not apply to my daughter who was born in India in Jan 2014 and currently in the UK as PBS Tier 1 G dependant since Aug 2014 when I would apply for ILR in MAr 2016 under 5 year route.
Regards,
A Mutant Member