ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unpaid holidays

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mirzakhalid82
Newly Registered

Unpaid holidays

Post by mirzakhalid82 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:05 pm

I have also ask same question under Settling In topic.

Hi, I am on Tier 1 general visa and my 5 year ilr is due soon.
I went to my home country for 10 days to attend my mother’s funeral :( . Now 7 days out of these 10 days were unpaid. Is there any problem with unpaid holidays? My employer was aware about it and I can also get letter from my employer explaining these days off.

I have also got my mother’s death certificate (original).

Now question is, can these 7 unpaid holidays cause any problem or am I OK with this?
What kind of document(s) should I provide for unpaid holidays?
Any suggestions please…

Thank you

navodwickra

Re: Unpaid holidays

Post by navodwickra » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:21 pm

mirzakhalid82 wrote:I have also ask same question under Settling In topic.

Hi, I am on Tier 1 general visa and my 5 year ilr is due soon.
I went to my home country for 10 days to attend my mother’s funeral :( . Now 7 days out of these 10 days were unpaid. Is there any problem with unpaid holidays? My employer was aware about it and I can also get letter from my employer explaining these days off.

I have also got my mother’s death certificate (original).

Now question is, can these 7 unpaid holidays cause any problem or am I OK with this?
What kind of document(s) should I provide for unpaid holidays?
Any suggestions please…

Thank you
I went back home for dad's funeral and I stayed back 1 and a half month in 2011. I got paid up to three weeks I guess. I am not sure why are so bothered about it. If you are above the salary limit and did not stay outside the UK for too long (I mean the number of days) then you are good to go.

Just to make it clear, PAID or UNPAID if you are under the holiday limit (per year or for all 5 years) you do not have to justify your holidays. All you need is your passport with visa stamps. Trust me, I have never ever sent anything to them regarding my holidays for my PR and citizenship applications. You can relax now :D

mirzakhalid82
Newly Registered

Re: Unpaid holidays

Post by mirzakhalid82 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:03 pm

Yes I am much relaxed now and thnx for your reply.