ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused once, Queries replied BUT new queries made. Weird!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aviator111

Refused once, Queries replied BUT new queries made. Weird!!!

Post by Aviator111 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:22 am

My application was refused on 23rd July 2007 for mismatch of dates for my IT returns and start of studies in UK.

The query was replied on 09 Aug 2007 with a proof quoting one the documents submitted.

Received a letter on 22nd Sept 2007 dated 13th Aug 2007 (!!!!!!) giving out 10 more NEW reasons for refusal!!!!! Is this an excuse to refuse on a NEW ground? Or Can I give a new reply as supplementary to my first reply???

IS THIS ACCEPTABLE? Can I approach an immigration lawyer contesing this new twist?[/b]

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:59 am

What was your query? What were the 10 new reasons for refusal?

Aviator111

Post by Aviator111 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:51 am

purplepple wrote:What was your query? What were the 10 new reasons for refusal?
They said that I started my studies from Novmber but submitted IT returns till Dec.

Reply : Though the course started in Nov I joined it in Jan and gave them the Uni's letter with date of registration.

That should be final

BUT they gave 10 more reasons in a revised backated refusal letter. Weird!!!

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:25 pm

They aren't bound necessarily by their previous letter, should they find other things they aren't happy about.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Aviator111

Post by Aviator111 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:16 pm

avjones wrote:They aren't bound necessarily by their previous letter, should they find other things they aren't happy about.
Amanda, In that case I am bound to reply for the subsequent letter. Yes?

I know from phone enquiries - u know some ppl sing more info - the review official added his own objections and revised it. I dont have a problem with that but I should revise my reply then. Pl advise. Thanks.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:22 pm

Yes, you should revise to take into account the additional concerns.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Aviator111

Post by Aviator111 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:34 pm

avjones wrote:Yes, you should revise to take into account the additional concerns.
Thanks. Hope my reply is not delayed i.e their decision is not given b4 I made my revised plea.

Thanks again.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Refused once, Queries replied BUT new queries made. Weir

Post by pantaiema » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:41 pm

U should know the way they work the case.

If they find one strong reason to reject U than they will not continue looking other evidence.

Similarly if they check that the people have acquired 75 points they will not coninute checking other points/evidence.

On resubmission case You might pass the first reason that they use for rejection for the first time but as the continute on your case and find other strong reasons to reject you than they will reject you again base on this reason. This has been discussed previously. Therefore U need to be careful that U recheck your application and make sute to comply with the guideline.

Aviator111 wrote:My application was refused on 23rd July 2007 for mismatch of dates for my IT returns and start of studies in UK.

The query was replied on 09 Aug 2007 with a proof quoting one the documents submitted.

Received a letter on 22nd Sept 2007 dated 13th Aug 2007 (!!!!!!) giving out 10 more NEW reasons for refusal!!!!! Is this an excuse to refuse on a NEW ground? Or Can I give a new reply as supplementary to my first reply???

IS THIS ACCEPTABLE? Can I approach an immigration lawyer contesing this new twist?[/b]
Pantaiema

gordon

Post by gordon » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:04 pm

In many respects, I think it's very good that they got back to the OP further detailing the areas where the application failed. Beyond merely identifying one or two fatal errors and immediately issuing a refusal, the further details will no doubt prove helpful in preparing a new application. Obviously that won't make any difference with regard to the review, but all the issues relating to further comments can hardly have come as a surprise.
AG

Aviator111

Post by Aviator111 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:30 am

Seniors/experienced members,

Pl keep posting ur valuable insights so that I can prepare my reply during this weekend.

Thanks,

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:36 am

I agree with pantaiema: if they find one reason for refusal, they may not look in as much detail at the rest of your evidence. When you resubmit, they will then look at the next criteria you have to meet in more detail. Make sure when you resubmit you update your earnings dates as well. A friend of mine resubmitted her application with extra evidence of education (which had been reason for rejection #1), and was rejected again because by that time - a month later - her evidence of earnings was for the wrong period.

Good luck!

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:30 pm

Also what people need to be aware of for resubmission is that It is likely that the CW who work onthe resubmission is different CW with the first person who reject the application.
goldfish wrote:I agree with pantaiema: if they find one reason for refusal, they may not look in as much detail at the rest of your evidence. When you resubmit, they will then look at the next criteria you have to meet in more detail. Make sure when you resubmit you update your earnings dates as well. A friend of mine resubmitted her application with extra evidence of education (which had been reason for rejection #1), and was rejected again because by that time - a month later - her evidence of earnings was for the wrong period.

Good luck!
Pantaiema