ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Professional Referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JP2
Newly Registered

Professional Referee

Post by JP2 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi, Im new to the forum. I am planning to apply for the British Citizenship. I have been living in the UK for over 6 years now and i think i meet all the requirements however i have one concern regarding the referees, especially the professional referee. I read the guidance notes regarding the referees but i didnt see any statement saying that the referees must know the applicant for 3 years. Does the referee must know me for 3 years? I don't really know anyone of a professional standing who knows me for that long. I was considering my college lecturer to act as a referee but she knows me for maybe around 2 years and im leaving college this year. Would it be acceptable to have her as a referee of professional standing even though she doesnt know me for 3 years? The other referee i don't worry about because i have a friend who is a british citizen and knows me for a long time.

badratio

Re: Professional Referee

Post by badratio » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:21 pm

Unfortunately both of your referees must have known you for at least 3 years.
It is allowed get a professional from your home country to act as a referee if you can't find anyone here.
Both should declare that:-
Affix passport size photo See page 11 of the guide
• they are not a relative, solicitor or agent of the applicant, or related to the other referee;
• they are not employed by the Home Office;
• they have not been convicted of an imprisonable offence (unless that conviction can be disregarded in line
with the table shown on page 16 of the Booklet AN);
• they have known the applicant personally for more than 3 years;
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:11 am

JP2 wrote:Hi, Im new to the forum. I am planning to apply for the British Citizenship. I have been living in the UK for over 6 years now and i think i meet all the requirements however i have one concern regarding the referees, especially the professional referee. I read the guidance notes regarding the referees but i didnt see any statement saying that the referees must know the applicant for 3 years. Does the referee must know me for 3 years? I don't really know anyone of a professional standing who knows me for that long. I was considering my college lecturer to act as a referee but she knows me for maybe around 2 years and im leaving college this year. Would it be acceptable to have her as a referee of professional standing even though she doesnt know me for 3 years? The other referee i don't worry about because i have a friend who is a british citizen and knows me for a long time.
So by the end of year, that might be three years? Then you could use her reference.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:24 am

Hi,

I am applying for my daughter MN1 under section 1 (3) and I am really struggling to get the professional reference.
My GP is happy to provide the reference, but she is not a British citizenship.
Please let me know whether they will consider my GBP reference as a professional reference

Thanks!

kiransrose
Newly Registered

Post by kiransrose » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:56 am

Yes GP would be fine with non British status. As the professional referee does not need to be a British passport holder.

jamesjames

Post by jamesjames » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:32 pm

kandasamy wrote:Hi,

I am applying for my daughter MN1 under section 1 (3) and I am really struggling to get the professional reference.
My GP is happy to provide the reference, but she is not a British citizenship.
Please let me know whether they will consider my GBP reference as a professional reference

Thanks!
The professional referee does not have to be BC.