ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR > 2015 > Main & Dependent > English Test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mayursha
Newly Registered

ILR > 2015 > Main & Dependent > English Test

Post by mayursha » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:14 pm

Hi Guys,

I am sure this question must have been answered millions of times. However I want to re-confirm this with my situation.

My First Application was made on 01-September-2008 and I landed in UK on 23-April-2010. Dependent Landed October-2010.
I have already renewed my Visa Twice since I landed in the country 1 yr late. All 3 times I had claimed 10 points for English for myself, using PBS Screenshot and my Certificate.

We are now eligible for ILR after April and as required We will be going with the following documents.

> Salary Slips and Bank Statements
> Various Documents as Proof of living together for 5 years.
> Life in the UK Test Results.

However I am stuck at English Test.

> Is it okay for Main Applicant to show the PBS points and Degree Certificate. (University of Mumbai, Bcom)
> Dependent -- Can we take PBS Printout showing 10 poiints for English and the Degree Certificate. (University of Mumbai, BSc)

I have also taken NARIC for my wife which states that her degree is comparable to UK Standard Bachelors Degree. However I have NOT taken NARIC letter for either of us for English Language. Is this required.

It is going to be difficult to get a certificate from Mumbai University to prove that our degrees were taught in English. Is NARIC or this process required? Or

Thanks everyone for your help.

Mayur

cfdman

Re: ILR > 2015 > Main & Dependent > English Test

Post by cfdman » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:03 am

Put your wife's degree in PBS calculator (as Tier-1G migrangt, extending the application).
If that gives points for qualification and english language, just print the summmayr sheet and that should work.

Dont bother about NARIC etc.

mayursha
Newly Registered

Post by mayursha » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:14 pm

Thanks. Do I need to also check her education 30 points too? I checked her English points and she can sucessfully claim them.

What about me?

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:42 pm

Is she not getting any points for education?
If so, make sure to use a date from 2009 for the PBS calculator question
"Enter the date of your first successful Tier 1 application" .

As per the requirement, you need to prove that the degree is equivalent to UK bachelor and also taught in english. So, I beleive, you need to show points for qualification as well.