ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lover moving to be with me

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Spectre
Newly Registered

Lover moving to be with me

Post by Spectre » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:12 am

Not sure what visa to apply for, im british, shes american. We don't want to get married, and havent been living together for that long. She also wont qualify for the HSMP, not having that many qualifications. Any suggestions?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Lover moving to be with me

Post by Wanderer » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:17 am

Spectre wrote:Not sure what visa to apply for, im british, shes american. We don't want to get married, and havent been living together for that long. She also wont qualify for the HSMP, not having that many qualifications. Any suggestions?
What visa is she on now?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Spectre
Newly Registered

Post by Spectre » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:08 am

She's in the US currently

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:37 am

Why not look into a student visa then?

Bloody expensive tho...

Spectre
Newly Registered

Post by Spectre » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:57 pm

cant really afford a student visa though, im only a student with a part time job myself and she is currently unemployed in the US

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:17 pm

Spectre wrote:cant really afford a student visa though, im only a student with a part time job myself and she is currently unemployed in the US
Sometimes you have to wait for the good things in life mate, suggest you wait until you leave uni, get a job and show some income.

Spectre
Newly Registered

Post by Spectre » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:42 pm

Well am thinking of maybe moving to the US instead once ive finished my degree in games programming, from what ive read so far it shouldnt be too hard for me to move there, especially considering its likely that my uncle's business in the US could employ me. We could even move back to the UK after 2 years, applying for an unmarried partners visa for her.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:00 pm

Spectre wrote:Well am thinking of maybe moving to the US instead once ive finished my degree in games programming, from what ive read so far it shouldnt be too hard for me to move there, especially considering its likely that my uncle's business in the US could employ me. We could even move back to the UK after 2 years, applying for an unmarried partners visa for her.
Think it's four years for UPV if living time abroad. Not sure tho!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:16 pm

Think it's four years for UPV if living time abroad.
No it is "only" two years.

However, if the couple have lived together outside the UK for at least four years AND the visa applicant has already passed the Life in the UK Citizenship test, then the UPV might be issued as ILE ..... indefinite leave to enter.
John