ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake in AN form - Naturalization application submitted

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RVabhi
Newly Registered

Mistake in AN form - Naturalization application submitted

Post by RVabhi » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:30 pm

Hi Senior Members

I applied for naturalization in March 2015. After having submitted the application I realized of a mistake I made. To summarize the issue
Background
I have two passport books from my country, one expired in 2008 which has a ‘cancelled and returned’ stamp and a new one issued in 2008. The reason why the old passport was handed back to me was because it had a valid visit visa to USA and I was advised to keep these together.
Issue
The old passport was in a name different to my current passport for which I do have a deed poll issued and legalised (notarised) in my home country
While submitting the form, I have by mistake marked section 1.7 as n/a and have not submitted the deed poll and supporting documents for this name change. However I did submit the old passport which has this different name. Although I have been in the UK since 2009 and all my previous Visas have been under the same name in my current passport and Biometrics.
Another point to highlight is that, my current passport has the same name as in biometrics card and other official documents like council tax bill, employment records etc.
After having sent the application, I got so worried that I did contact an attorney and was advised to send additional supporting docs and explanation as soon as the acknowledgement letter arrives.
And also the current passport has the old passport number, place and date of issue.
Do you guys think this could lead to a potential rejection? Any advice is highly appreciated.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Mistake in AN form - Naturalization application submitte

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:07 pm

RVabhi wrote:I have two passport books from my country, one expired in 2008 which has a ‘cancelled and returned’ stamp and a new one issued in 2008. The reason why the old passport was handed back to me was because it had a valid visit visa to USA and I was advised to keep these together.
Does the cancelled and returned passport cover any period of your qualifying residential period - I.e. 3 or 5 year period? Or is it purely the new one issued in 2008 that you actually require for your AN application?

RVabhi
Newly Registered

Re: Mistake in AN form - Naturalization application submitte

Post by RVabhi » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:40 pm

Hi, It is only the new one issued in 2008 that I require for the AN application, this new passport covers all my qualifying period.