ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1-General - family visitor visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1-immigrant

Tier1-General - family visitor visa

Post by tier1-immigrant » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:13 pm

Hi
I am on Tier1 General. Can I invite my parents under Family visitor visa ?

Malik44

Re: Tier1-General - family visitor visa

Post by Malik44 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:23 pm

yes you can

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:07 pm

No, it will be a General Visitor Visa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Soori
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1-General - dependent visa

Post by Soori » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:27 pm

Dear All,
Thanks for your posts which helped to apply for my Tier 1 general 2nd extension on 17th March at Glasgow, successfully got 3 years extension.
Now my spouse currently holding tier 1 dependent visa until 30/06/2015 as a dependent on my previous Tier 1 general visa, now I got 2nd extension with New BRP. Currently she is India, can she travel to UK with the dependent visa based on my previous visa and apply for new dependent visa when she is here.
You experience and advise on this regards highly appreciated.
Cheers
Soori

tier1-immigrant

Post by tier1-immigrant » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:14 am

CR001 wrote:No, it will be a General Visitor Visa
Thanks CR001. One more query, accommodation related.

The General Visitor visa guidance mentions this about the accommodation.

"Accommodation and travel details You may wish to submit the following documents to help show us your accommodation and travel arrangements in the UK and on which date you intend to leave UK. We advise that you do not make any payments for accommodation,
travel and so on until you have received your visa."

So is this optional ? If have enough funds in my account (say about £20K), isn't that good enough to prove that I (sponsoror) can arrange accommodation and travel. I understand providing these documents may add weight, but strictly speaking going by rules, it is not mandatory to provide accommodation/travel arrangement documents. Appreciate your comments.

ashehzi

Re: Tier1-General - dependent visa

Post by ashehzi » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:36 pm

Soori wrote:Dear All,
Thanks for your posts which helped to apply for my Tier 1 general 2nd extension on 17th March at Glasgow, successfully got 3 years extension.
Now my spouse currently holding tier 1 dependent visa until 30/06/2015 as a dependent on my previous Tier 1 general visa, now I got 2nd extension with New BRP. Currently she is India, can she travel to UK with the dependent visa based on my previous visa and apply for new dependent visa when she is here.
You experience and advise on this regards highly appreciated.
Cheers
Soori
yes she can. There is no harm in it as her visa has its own expiry. My wife and kids have travelled like this few times and I don't see any issue with it.