ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 application scrapped?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

foeve
Newly Registered

EEA3 application scrapped?

Post by foeve » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:05 am

So I finally started my application for permanent residence document as an EEA national.

I was working on the old application form (prior to November) and I just realised there's a new one on the website but there's no EEA3 application anymore! Has it been scrapped then? I'm totally confused? There's only one application for all EEA related applications, here, and it's 121 pages long!
However on the instructions to HO case workers they still refer to the EEA3 application!

I don't understand if the documents listed in the document checklist (page 105) are all required or any of those documents would do? It does not say, [e.g do I really need a letter from each employer -I had 3!- or would P60s do-] while on Self Employed section it does specify that e.g only 2 of the list are needed, etc.

Do I really need to provide a declaration countersigned by a Commissioner for Oaths for my time as a student???? :shock: (Page 106)

They also ask that since my bank statements are provided online and I will print them out to send them (I've gone green maaany years ago in my bank account) are stamped by my bank (page 97)! :shock: Do building societies do that these days? I think they will refuse to stamp them!

Finally, how/where do I indicate which years are the 5 years of treaty rights that I am applying on the basis of in my application? I acquired PR automatically almost 3 years ago. Do I provide evidence for just those 5 first years that I was in the UK and exercised treaty rights and not current evidence, or do I provide evidence since my arrival and up to today (I am not in employment at the moment so not exercising treaty rights anymore)?

Is it me or are they really trying to make this a long process? :roll:
Thank you! Any advice would be very helpful!

vinny

Re: EEA3 application scrapped?

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:24 am

It appears to be a way of deterring applicants.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

foeve
Newly Registered

Post by foeve » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:49 am

Thank you vinny. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I am so disappointed I have to go through that application to get my PR. I do believe they have made it harder so that people don't bother anymore. But I will send it, I don't care if they don't approve it initially, I will keep appealing until I get it because I have got PR but this list of documents makes me sick. Do I really need to get my declaration signed by a Commissioner for Oaths? This is mad! What would the difference be? I don't get it!

If someone is able to help me with the questions I posted earlier I would really appreciate it. I only have P60s for employment and bank statements and they have caused me problems with both! :roll:

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:05 pm

I had not realised the Home Office had also made the EEA3/EEA4 application forms more complex too! I thought it was just the EEA2. It's clear the government has contempt for free movement.

foeve
Newly Registered

Post by foeve » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:53 am

rosebead it seems that they have combined all the EEA applications into one very complex application.