ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My brother student visa will expire..help needed

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

knapps
Member of Standing

My brother student visa will expire..help needed

Post by knapps » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:28 am

My brother is in Ireland for 7 years years and his visa will expire this year. I and my wife support him with his college fee and give him money some times. I am Irish national and wife is Eu citizen. Can my wife apply for my brother residency as him being dependent on us?

We both work.

knapps
Member of Standing

Re: My brother student visa will expire..help needed

Post by knapps » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:00 am

No replies

Zad01
Newly Registered

Post by Zad01 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:37 am

knapps wrote:My brother is in Ireland for 7 years years and his visa will expire this year. I and my wife support him with his college fee and give him money some times. I am Irish national and wife is Eu citizen. Can my wife apply for my brother residency as him being dependent on us?

We both work.
I think he can apply for irish citizenship cuz ur irish. I m sure why dont u conslute an immiragation lawyer. On bases of citizenship by family

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:35 pm

How old is he? If he is not a student anymore and is old enough to work - I think and EU Treaty Rights application based on your wife would be a long shot - you can try but it is likely to be declined.

I think there is a graduate visa scheme for student to be able to stay for a year and be allowed to work after they graduate. Maybe he can also look into this?