ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Checks via Train Scotland - Belfast (NI)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scottyniham
Newly Registered

Immigration Checks via Train Scotland - Belfast (NI)

Post by scottyniham » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:36 pm

Hi there,

Myself and my fiancé are planning to go Northern Ireland for the festival in April. I am a UK national but I don't have a passport. My partner is non EU but does not have his passport as it sent away at the moment. Will this cause problems for us via train?

Thanks

Prince_irl
United Kingdom

Re: Immigration Checks via Train Scotland - Belfast (NI)

Post by Prince_irl » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:22 pm

Belfast and Scotland both is part of UK. So no immigration or passport Cheak. So just don't worry :)
application sent...18/01/2016
paymen taken 21/01/2016
biomatics letter...03/02/2016 (dated 28/01/2016)
biomatrics given 07/02/2016
COA with work 15/02/2016
Passport back request 10/02/2016
passport back......20/02/2016
RC Arrive....4/08/2016

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:38 pm

Didn't know there was a bridge connecting Scotland to Northern Ireland on which the trains run.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:27 pm

there are random checks on the road.. I always passed by them (with irish car plates) and been waved to, to keep going.. I suppose you do not need a passport, but your partner needs at least an ID or anything proves that they are legal in UK..
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:41 pm

On which roads are these random checks?

On the road between scotland and NI? Is there a tunnel? In the atlast it shows that there is sea between scotland and NI.

SelectMe

Post by SelectMe » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:41 pm

obviously UK national do not require passport to enter UK from Ireland(though some form of ID may be asked), not sure about accompanying Non-EU national require UK visa or not, IF Non-EU national travelling to UK at his/her own, I think visa is a must (open to correction)

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/co ... 81115.html

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:49 pm

SelectMe wrote:obviously UK national do not require passport to enter UK from Ireland(though some form of ID may be asked), not sure about accompanying Non-EU national require UK visa or not, IF Non-EU national travelling to UK at his/her own, I think visa is a must (open to correction)

Hello... Did you even read the question? Op is asking about travel between NI and Scotland by train. I have confirmed with department of transport. They say they do not have trains running between NI and Scotland. A bridge is planned from Stranraer to NI. The bridge would take about 509 years to build.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:11 pm

PrestonLancs wrote:
SelectMe wrote:obviously UK national do not require passport to enter UK from Ireland(though some form of ID may be asked), not sure about accompanying Non-EU national require UK visa or not, IF Non-EU national travelling to UK at his/her own, I think visa is a must (open to correction)

Hello... Did you even read the question? Op is asking about travel between NI and Scotland by train. I have confirmed with department of transport. They say they do not have trains running between NI and Scotland. A bridge is planned from Stranraer to NI. The bridge would take about 509 years to build.
They're probably talking about taking the train to the ferry port and them crossing by ferry. I guess it was a badly worded question as, as you note above, there isn't a train across the channel!

scottyniham
Newly Registered

Post by scottyniham » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:25 am

banana07 wrote:there are random checks on the road.. I always passed by them (with irish car plates) and been waved to, to keep going.. I suppose you do not need a passport, but your partner needs at least an ID or anything proves that they are legal in UK..
We currently have an FLR case ongoing...is travel allowed?

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:05 pm

Northern Ireland is part of UK. So, travelling to Belfast is just like travelling to Birmingham, Aberdeen, Cardiff etc. If someone can travel to Birmingham, then they can travel to Belfast, or anywhere else is Northern Ireland. They can move and live, run around and work forever and forever anywhere in Northern Ireland. :roll: