ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent HSMP query regarding Previous Earning section

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asim_khan

Urgent HSMP query regarding Previous Earning section

Post by asim_khan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:03 am

Hey All :)
I have an urgent query regarding previous earnings as i shall be applying for HSMP tomorrow.
I shall be claiming period for earning from October 2006 till September 2007. As the tax year here is Pakistan ends on 30 June, My latest ITR covers period from October 2006 till June 2007. for the remaining months i.e. from July 2007 tilll September 2007, I am providing Letter from my employer and salary slips for the past twelve months.

My question is do I need to provide letter of employer for the period that has been already covered by the ITR :?:

My understanding is that for the period which has been already covered by ITR, I have to provide the ITR + Salary slips. For the period which has not been covered by the ITR, i have to provide salary slips + Letter from Employer stating my gross salary for the claim period. Correct me if I am Wrong.

Regards,
Asim Khan

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:46 am

Hey Asim
My question is do I need to provide letter of employer for the period that has been already covered by the ITR
The answer to your question is YES. You will have to product the letter from employer for the entire claim duration. ITR is irrelevent if the claim period is not covered by it. So produce the following

a) Pay slips (as per guidelines) for the entire claimed duration
b) Bank statement for the entire claimed duration.
c) Letter from employer for the entire claimed duration.
d) Also produce the ITR. There is no harm in giving this.

Cheers
PG

asim_khan

Post by asim_khan » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:48 am

My Dear M8,
I shall not be providing the letter from my employer for the whole period claimed but for the period that has not been covered by my ITR. As the HSMP guidance point 48 states:

Your income tax return. If the tax year does not cover the full period claimed other corroborating evidence is required for the period(s) not covered.

And regarding Bank statement, I wont be providing it at all as I have to provide my wage slips + Letter from employer OR Bank statement.

Correct me if I am wrong plz mate,
Tha,
Asim Khan...

majic

Post by majic » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:10 am

Asim,

Make sure u provide both the letter from employer and Bank Statement...along with salary slips and Income Tax return even if it doesnt cover the FULL period.

Regards

asim_khan

Post by asim_khan » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:32 am

Hey Magic,
As per the guidance notes for HSMP, it states that if your ITR does not cover the whle period claim, then you have to provide Either of the following 2 pieces of evidence:
1: Bank Statement OR
2: Letter from Employer stating your gross salary as claimed for the period that has not been covered by ITR.

I have read on this forum that most of the applicants provide both of the documents. But in some cases that i have read, some of the applicants got rejection as their Bank statements says SALARY CREDIT only and the HSMP case worker can not corroborate from where the funds are coming from. So if an applicant is providing his/her Bank statement whcih only says SALARY CREDIT, then he has to provide letter from the BANK stating that this salary has been credited by XXX Employer.

I dont wanted to go into this hasstle..As the guidance of HSMP states that u can porvide only letter from employer, why should I provide my bank statement and making things a bit confusing...
Hope you know what I mean????

plz do reply to this post for everyone's clarificatin.

Tha,
Asim Khan....

majic

Post by majic » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:17 am

Even I have this problem where the Bank Statement says Salary Credit...But it is not a problem as the Case Worker can Collaborate Date from Salary Slip with the Credit Date as well as Net Amount.

As far as the guidence notes state, you are rite....But still I would adivce you to provide your Bank Statement.....I have my reasons for stating that SPECIALLY for people having same NATIONALITY as both of us.

Choice is yours. Mine is just an adivce

Regards

ptr
Newly Registered

Post by ptr » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:33 am

Hi Asim,

For my case, which had been approved, I have provided ITR (not for full period claimed), employer letter, payslips, Bank Statements says 'HOUSE CHQ DEPOSIT' (full period claimed, without letter from bank stating the transaction is credited by whom).

The payslips state Gross (would match with the ITR) and Nett pay (would match with the Bank Statements. In the employer letter, I have put a table for all the breakdown items copied from payslips for full period claimed. I have highlighted the Gross and Nett pay columns. Gross pay was highlighted to claim for the income band, and Nett pay was highlighted to show the case worker that the values corroborate with the ones in the Bank Statements. I have also highlighted the lines where there's a salary credited in the Bank Statements to ease the case worker's job.

I feel the employer letter is the main essence here, as it will link the data from all supporting evidence, i.e. ITR, payslips, and Bank Statements.

Hope this helps, and good luck on your application.

ptr

gordon

Post by gordon » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:11 am

asim khan

Ultimately the caseworker will need to see your wageslips, and a document (or set thereof) that singly and independently corroborates the salaried earnings indicated on the wageslips. If you decide to send your Apr06-Mar07 tax return and an employer letter confirming earnings from Apr07-Sept07, then there will be no way for the caseworker to disaggregate earnings in the tax return and letter to corroborate the Oct06-Sept07 earnings, unless your tax return gives a monthly disaggregation of earnings. That's why the employer letter should corroborate the earnings for the entire claimed period, so that it serves the purpose as if you'd not submitted the tax return (which, given that it does not correspond to the claimed period, will be disregarded entirely). Doing so, along with perhaps submitting bank statements showing direct deposits, will remove any and all doubts, and may prevent your application from going through the time-consuming and potentially detrimental process of verification checks.

AG

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:23 am

I applied for my HSMP extension in January (needed to show earnings for previous 8 months) so no tax return available. For my earnings, I sent:
- Pay slips
- Letter from employer
- Bank statements

Despite the "or" in the guidance notes, I sent both types of evidence so if the caseworker didn't like one, the other was already available. For example, if they decided my employer letter didn't meet their requirements they could look at bank statements instead and I would still get approved. I did not want the expense of re-applying or the hassle of review/appeal.

Unless there is a really good reason not to provide both types of evidence, I would suggest sending both.

hsmpapp

Urgent help needed

Post by hsmpapp » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:17 pm

Hi all,
I am looking to apply for HSMP early next week. I am going to submit following docs:

1) Age proof: Driving License
2) Previous earnings:
a) Stamped and signed salary slips ( Sep,06 to Aug,07)
b) ITR1 Acknowledgement
c) bank statements(Sep,06 to Aug,07) since ITR1 doesnt cover period claimed by me.

3) Engilsh : Letter from education institute
4) Degree: Original Bachelor degree

I have a confusion regarding salry slips and bank statements. The payment date shown in slary slip is 28th of every month whereas bank statements shows the salary transactions smtimes on 27th or few times on 29th . The reason is that i get salary on last friday of every month. But company always mention 28th as payment date. Since few months had 28th as sat or sunday. So they transfer salary on 27th or 26th.

Will this create problem in approval or not? If yes, what else proof can i attach to support this ? Regarding letter from employer, i may not get it since i need to give valid reason to company finance officials to get it and i dont want to disclose the HSMP issue.

Please help me urgently.

Regards,
Hsmpapp