ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA App Advice

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aliabustar
Newly Registered

EEA App Advice

Post by aliabustar » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:09 am

Hi Everyone,
I would like to ask you please ,my wife from the czech republic she have been living in the uk for more than 13 years and i have got a non EEA visa for 5 years which i received around 15/10/2011 and will expire 15/10/2016 , I came to the UK on a student visa on 21/01/2008 And I have got married on 14/10/2010 and my wife is from the Czech Republic and she have been living here for almost 13 years and she has got the blue card ,I have two children was born here and they both has British Passports ! When is the best time for me to apply for ILR ?
Any my other question is for the people who have got some informations regarding NHS bursary ! I have applied for doing Bsc Adult Nursing and i have recived a conditional offer from the University , Am i entitled to apply for NHS bursary for the course ? I have got a student loan before from student finance of England . Am i eligble for Nhs bursary ?
Thank you for your help

jamesjames

Re: EEA App Advice

Post by jamesjames » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:48 am

aliabustar wrote:Hi Everyone,
I would like to ask you please ,my wife from the czech republic she have been living in the uk for more than 13 years and i have got a non EEA visa for 5 years which i received around 15/10/2011 and will expire 15/10/2016 , I came to the UK on a student visa on 21/01/2008 And I have got married on 14/10/2010 and my wife is from the Czech Republic and she have been living here for almost 13 years and she has got the blue card ,I have two children was born here and they both has British Passports ! When is the best time for me to apply for ILR ?
Any my other question is for the people who have got some informations regarding NHS bursary ! I have applied for doing Bsc Adult Nursing and i have recived a conditional offer from the University , Am i entitled to apply for NHS bursary for the course ? I have got a student loan before from student finance of England . Am i eligble for Nhs bursary ?
Thank you for your help
When you say you have a non EEA visa, what exactly do you mean? Do you mean resident card for non EEA family member? This will help in answering your questions.

jamesjames

Post by jamesjames » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:51 am

jamesjames wrote:
aliabustar wrote:Hi Everyone,
Thank you for your help
When you say you have a non EEA visa, what exactly do you mean? Do you mean resident card for non EEA family member? This will help in answering your questions.
If you have an EEA residence permit, you should be able to apply 5 years after marriage, which ,according to you, will be from 14/10/2015. I believe you should also be able to apply for NHS bursary.

aliabustar
Newly Registered

Post by aliabustar » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:54 pm

Yes i meant to say resident card for non EEA family member,
But i am so surprised now coz the uni said that i can not apply for nhs bursary because i do not have ILR ! I have emailed NHS bursary and i am waiting for response .Thank you so much