ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement - Important Issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

majic

Bank Statement - Important Issue

Post by majic » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:50 am

My Bank Statement show Salary Payments as CREDIT. I mean it does not mention the Entity that credited the Amount.

I have a question in this regard:

a) Is it OK to Highlight The Specific Transactions (Salary i.e. being Credited into the Account)

alina76

Post by alina76 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:23 pm

take a letter from your employer or bank manager that this is your salary which comes every month but doesn't show the employer name.

I had done the same and my statements got through.

majic

Post by majic » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:11 am

Alina,

a. Which country are u from?
b. Did u get a letter from Bank Manager or Employers?
c. Should I also Highlight The Transactions as there are many other Debits and Credits along side my salary Credits?

Regards

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:32 am

Can't help on the bank manager letter question but I think it is worth indicating the transactions on your bank statement if they aren't easy to see in the detail.

I wouldn't recommend writing or highlighting the bank statement directly (if they photocopy it, highlighter sometimes comes up black and covers the text). I put coloured flags next to the relevant transactions on my statement and labelled them eg "Salary - May". That way it didn't look as though the statement had been tampered with and they could remove the flags if they wanted.

I think make it as easy as possible for the Caseworker and your chances are better they won't miss anything!

alina76

Post by alina76 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:41 pm

Mine was Incountry application. In my case I worked for a Bank only thats why I took a letter from my Manager which actually served the purpose, as it was covering both ends employer's and bank's.

I highlighted my salary in my bank statement but to be on the safe side do as goldfish said.

good luck

majic

Post by majic » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:42 pm

Thanks too Both of You. I like your suggestion as well as Goldfishes.

Alina76 I would like to know the content of your letter....I mean how was ur Manager able to say that X, Y and Z Transaction are salary for May, June and July...

I mean he has to make a pointer or something like that on the statement and then mention it in the letter that Pointer X on the bank statement is the salary for may and Pointer Y on the bank statement is the salary for June etc etc

Can u please shed a bit of light on that.

Regards and thanks once again

alina76

Post by alina76 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:38 pm

like I said before I was actually working for that bank only and my bank statements was for staff account so my manager just stated in his letter that miss xyz works for xyz bank and her salary comes to her staff account every month but it doesn't show the employer name in the statement instead it only says "bank salary" because bank itself is her employer and doesn't give its name on statement.

in your case your manager can say that in the statement for the month of may 28th may credit is actually form your employer xyz. as your salary.. and give the amount for every month and employer name aswell.