ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New AN Nationality application form up date

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Miangee

New AN Nationality application form up date

Post by Miangee » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:05 pm

hi
Just to update I called Home Office today about old or new AN form and gentleman advised me that I can submit old AN form (June 2014 version) before 6th April 2015.

Also i have checked British Nationality Amendment Regulations 2015 under this link
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015 ... tents/made

and have found its clearly written there under paragraph 1.-(1) come in to force at the end of the period of 21 days beginning with the day on which they are made
and date of this letter is 16 March so plus 21 days it will come to affect on 7th of April 2015

I have got appointment with NCS on 2nd April 2015 and wants to used the old form but when i called my council they have no clue even new form and advice to call home office which i have confirmed earlier

i just want to know does the date of council received the documents will be my date of application or HO must received application before 7th as there are Saturday Sunday Ahead and i am not sure Council will send my application next day and even does not know they accept my old form as they dont know nothing
any senior plz

T51820

Re: New AN Nationality application form up date

Post by T51820 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:49 pm

The date of your NCS appointment is NOT the same as the date when HO receives your form. Confirm with the council that they send the documents off the day after and you should be fine. I've seen on here some councils holding on the forms for a few days.
Naturalisation:
Date of receipt by UKBA: March 5, 2015
Approval: March 17, 2015 (received 23/3/15)
Group Ceremony: March 25, 2015
----
Passport Application: March 25, 2015
Passport Appointment: April 2, 2015
Passport Receipt: April 8, 2015

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:12 pm

hi

My NCS appointment is on 2nd April Thursday i called the council NCS they said they normally post application next day but next day on 4th is good Friday holiday and even if they post the same day i checked the royal mail they will deliver special delivery only on Tuesday the 7th April.

my head is completely gone if i used old form with old fees and it will reach HO after 6 what will be status of my application.

or i may need to fill up new form with new fees but not sure NCS will accept that on 2nd April

I have only one option and can manage all if i cancel the NCS appointment and send application in post on 2nd April myself with Extra charges of royal mail guaranteed Saturday delivery which HO will get on 5th April
but i have to send all my original documents with application and still i am not sure HO accept delivery on Saturday.

Application post with out NCS is consider as same and time frame is less or more
any senior help plz

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:44 am

Miangee wrote:I have only one option and can manage all if i cancel the NCS appointment and send application in post on 2nd April myself with Extra charges of royal mail guaranteed Saturday delivery which HO will get on 5th April
but i have to send all my original documents with application and still i am not sure HO accept delivery on Saturday.

Application post with out NCS is consider as same and time frame is less or more
any senior help plz
Submitting either via post or through NCS on April 2nd will be cutting it fine, and IMHO there is a likeihood that the application will only reach the HO when the new fees come into effect - Tuesday April 7th, because Saturday may not be considered a working day. Unfortunately I don't think you''ll be able to get a definitive answer to this question.

If you are considering applying yourself independently by post, then one option would be to apply early March 30th, 31st, April 1st (next day delivery) without waiting until April 2nd. I can't find the topic, but have read on this forum that some people have managed to submit certified copied of their supporting documents (instead of originals) & apply directly by post/courier, without going through an NCS (which is something you may want to consider, if it is a viable option).

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Post by gbhsmp » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:16 am

T51820 wrote:The date of your NCS appointment is NOT the same as the date when HO receives your form. Confirm with the council that they send the documents off the day after and you should be fine. I've seen on here some councils holding on the forms for a few days.
I did ask the council when I applied for my Naturalisation. The council did confirm (orally) that the date of NCS appointment and submission is the date UKBA considers as the date of receiving the application.

cinared

Post by cinared » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:49 pm

You council gave you wrong information! The day when home office receives your application is the day they start counting not when you have your appointment with NCS! Home office need to have your application physically with them and they also add an extra day to when they receive it

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:24 pm

hi
i cannot post my application before 2nd April as i have got ILR last year on 2nd April
I could get NCS appointment on 2nd April Thursday only as there was long wait then but i was not aware that it will be long weekend and also in all other application date of posting is consider but as i read on fees sheet on the day of receipt they consider thats why i am stuck

if even NCS post the application on same day it will reach HO on Saturday if they accept otherwise after holiday on Tuesday 7th April when new application form and new fees required.

I just want o know any experience if i take chance with old fees and form what will hapend invalid application and send back to me or refused and fees will go

I will speak to council tomorrow again other wise need to change the appointment and will pay new fees with and new form and i know wait gonna be more as there is boimatric drama start now

Khawaja
Newly Registered

Post by Khawaja » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:41 am

hi,

i have my ncs appointment on 2nd of April as well. i actually got a call from them a couple of days ago advising me to submit my application with new form and new fees(1005) since they cannot get the application to home office before or on 6th April. i hope this helps.

caffeine

Post by caffeine » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:50 am

Miangee wrote:hi
i cannot post my application before 2nd April as i have got ILR last year on 2nd April
I could get NCS appointment on 2nd April Thursday only as there was long wait then but i was not aware that it will be long weekend and also in all other application date of posting is consider but as i read on fees sheet on the day of receipt they consider thats why i am stuck

if even NCS post the application on same day it will reach HO on Saturday if they accept otherwise after holiday on Tuesday 7th April when new application form and new fees required.

I just want o know any experience if i take chance with old fees and form what will hapend invalid application and send back to me or refused and fees will go

I will speak to council tomorrow again other wise need to change the appointment and will pay new fees with and new form and i know wait gonna be more as there is boimatric drama start now
If you don't want to use NCS, Can't you post your application on 1st April with next day delivery? This way it will still reach on 2nd April which will be 1 year from your ILR.
Received by HO : 02-04-2015
Fee deducted : 22-04-2015
Acknowledgment Email: 23-04-2015
Approval Letter : 10-10-2015

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:59 am

Hi

your council peoples are really sensible who called you must fill new form and fees
mine one stupid even does not now there is new form and new fees but i have confirmed with them they will send it after noon delivery but next day is good Friday and home office does not takes delivery on Saturday so it will reach them to 7th April only so there is no point to send old one and then its come back with invalid form and fees

I have cancelled NCS appointment and plan to send it by post myself on 1st of April with old form and old fees plus all original documents and home office received on 2nd April. only confusion is that I got ilr on 2nd April so can I post application on 1st April can my 12 month residence period complete on 1st of April

Any senior Amber , Vinay plz advice

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:26 pm

Hi all members
I got ILR on 2nd April 2014 and want to post application on 1st April due to changes of form and fees and long weekend holidays
Home office will receive my application on 2nd of April 2015
is my 12 month residence period will complete on 1st of April and HO will not refuse due to 1 day short from 12 months if they consider date of posting.

plz plz shed on this

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:34 am

Miangee wrote:Hi all members
I got ILR on 2nd April 2014 and want to post application on 1st April due to changes of form and fees and long weekend holidays
Home office will receive my application on 2nd of April 2015
is my 12 month residence period will complete on 1st of April and HO will not refuse due to 1 day short from 12 months if they consider date of posting.

plz plz shed on this
Its not date of posting but date of receipt by them, I think you should be okay.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:23 am

Hi
Thanks for your reply

Yes you are right in nationality application date of receipt to HO is consider. i have spoken to home office and gentleman confirmed me that you can used old form and fees and last cut of day for this will be 2nd of April and they do not accept delivery on Saturday.

I have prepared my application myself and ready to post on 1st April and they will received it on 2nd April

Just for double check i am sending following documents (any thing I am missing)

1. All Original Passports (covering 11 years)
2. ILR BRP Original
3. Life in UK test (Original)
4. IELTS (Original)
5. Fees Slips
6. Details of all 135 absentees with page no where is stamps (to make life easy for case worker)
7. Cover letter given details of all case history (and application form June ver.)

do I need to send Bank Statements , Payslips , company letter
do I need to send proof of address for last 5 years

thanks

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:47 am

Miangee wrote: do I need to send Bank Statements , Payslips , company letter
No, I assume you are on ILR and not from "EU nationality without PR" etc.
Miangee wrote: do I need to send proof of address for last 5 years
I took mine with me to my application through NCS, but the lady returned that its not needed.

oace

Post by oace » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi,

I'm in exactly the same situation as Miangee, thanks for starting this thread as reading through it answered lots of my questions.
I have my appointment on 2nd April as well, and now I'm aware that I need the new form as it will reach HO on 7th and that's when the new form and new fee will be applicable.

Technically, I can choose to lose my council fee and go with posting originals myself on 1st April, just like what you're doing Miangee, and save me £99 and most importantly avoid hassle of filling up the new forms, getting refrees to sign again and worry about whether to attach the original BRP with application or not as the new form is ridiculously confusing.

Or, I can stay with council appointment route with new forms and new fee. I can do that as well, not much problem.

The real question is .. Is there any benefit of going via council as opposed to posting the originals myself other than the fact that I'll retain my originals in case I need to travel?

Is there any evidence that cases forwarded through council get processed quickly?

caffeine

Post by caffeine » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:11 pm

oace wrote:Hi,

I'm in exactly the same situation as Miangee, thanks for starting this thread as reading through it answered lots of my questions.
I have my appointment on 2nd April as well, and now I'm aware that I need the new form as it will reach HO on 7th and that's when the new form and new fee will be applicable.

Technically, I can choose to lose my council fee and go with posting originals myself on 1st April, just like what you're doing Miangee, and save me £99 and most importantly avoid hassle of filling up the new forms, getting refrees to sign again and worry about whether to attach the original BRP with application or not as the new form is ridiculously confusing.

Or, I can stay with council appointment route with new forms and new fee. I can do that as well, not much problem.

The real question is .. Is there any benefit of going via council as opposed to posting the originals myself other than the fact that I'll retain my originals in case I need to travel?

Is there any evidence that cases forwarded through council get processed quickly?
I expected something like this would happen so I took an appointment for 1st April even though my ILR date is 02nd April.

When I took the appointment I explained them the situation and they agreed to send it on 1st. I just hope they actually do it tomorrow. If they refuse to I have new form ready as well.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:12 pm

oace wrote:The real question is .. Is there any benefit of going via council as opposed to posting the originals myself other than the fact that I'll retain my originals in case I need to travel?
Personally for me this benefit alone outweigh the fee by margin of manyfolds. As just days after applying, due to a completely unexpected but very severe family emergency, my wife had to travel abroad immediately and two years old daughter who applied with myself, accompanied her mother. That would've been impossible without NCS. So for me NCS is the most invaluable service, ever.
oace wrote: Is there any evidence that cases forwarded through council get processed quickly?
Not any evidence, however I have noticed some NCS appointments went a lot quicker than postal, including few of friends. Others had no effect.

oace

Post by oace » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:34 pm

Thanks Fwd079 for the quick answer and sharing your experience.

I truly understand the value of being able to travel if need be, and for that I completely agree that this benefit outweighs the cost, the cost was really the last thing in my mind.

But as I said the new form is confusing and apparently one has to 'enclose' the BRP as well (Section 6/ point 6.7 in the new form) or explain why you haven't submitted the BRP. Not sure what Council is going to do, if they take my BRP then the whole point of going via NCS is lost.

Have tried calling NCS to confirm this but couldn't get through.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:39 pm

oace wrote:Thanks Fwd079 for the quick answer and sharing your experience.

I truly understand the value of being able to travel if need be, and for that I completely agree that this benefit outweighs the cost, the cost was really the last thing in my mind.

But as I said the new form is confusing and apparently one has to 'enclose' the BRP as well (Section 6/ point 6.7 in the new form) or explain why you haven't submitted the BRP. Not sure what Council is going to do, if they take my BRP then the whole point of going via NCS is lost.

I took my wife's ILR card on 18th this month, it was handed back to me along with her passport and mine. Currently it says:
The local authority will ensure that your form is correctly completed, and they will copy your documents and return them to you.
I believe this same will be the case after April 6, 2015. So you can take all your originals and they will photocopy and attest the originals for you, and give you your originals back.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:06 pm

oace wrote:But as I said the new form is confusing and apparently one has to 'enclose' the BRP as well (Section 6/ point 6.7 in the new form) or explain why you haven't submitted the BRP. Not sure what Council is going to do, if they take my BRP then the whole point of going via NCS is lost.

The topic below may help. It appears the NCS has confirmed that they will photocopy the BRP, so the original will not need to be submitted.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 83606.html

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:47 pm

hi ocase and cafaeen

As per my experience there is nothing much difference in time frame even if you go Trough NCS as they clearly mentioned this is not a priority service. only 1 advantage that if you have plan to go out while application you can keep your original with you.

I have applied my children registration myself was send only copies of my ILR card and it was done in 3 weeks

if you check March time line peoples are getting approval in 3 weeks time only But in this situation where there is new form and i will call a new drama of biomatric introduction application will take more longer after 7th April.

I have cancelled my NCS appointment of 2nd and my application is ready to post tomorrow so HO will received on last working day 2nd April before long week end

Will let you know as soon as i get approval In Sha Allah

thanks

oace

Post by oace » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:26 pm

Thanks Miangee, please keep us posted and best of luck.

I'm planning to stick to my council appointment and go with new form. Although I don't have any plans to travel, but at least I'll have my originals just in case and council will check my docs first before sending through.

I'll also keep you posted with my updates.

caffeine

Post by caffeine » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:05 am

Had an appointment today and they will send it today even though my ILR date is 2nd April.

Quite efficient, all done in under 10 minutes,

Good luck.

oace

Post by oace » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:11 am

Good luck caffeine.

Would you be able to share with us what documents you attached with your application?

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:12 am

caffeine wrote:Had an appointment today and they will send it today even though my ILR date is 2nd April.

Quite efficient, all done in under 10 minutes.
Good to hear! Which NCS did you go to? Looks like it's time for an April timeline thread to begin.