ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 G 2nd extension just before ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_apr2010

Tier 1 G 2nd extension just before ILR

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:55 pm

My dependent and I will be eligible for ILR in June 2015 and our daughter will be eligible for her British citizenship soon after. Our Tier 1 General is expiring on 26th June 2015

But for peace of mind I'm planning for a second extension of my Tier 1 G visa (without dependent) before 6th April 15. And then as planned we will apply for our ILR in June 2015.

Although I am pretty sure about what I'm doing but I need final approval if I'm not doing anything foolish.

Once my Tier1 gets extended, can we apply for ILR together (even though we have different tier 1 expiry dates) when we are due in June 2015?

Also out of curosity can Tier 1 dependent apply for Tier 1 extension even after 6th April 2015?

Many thanks

Rohit

pranav.vaidya

Re: Tier 1 G 2nd extension just before ILR

Post by pranav.vaidya » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi,

As long as you satisfy the rules of ILR (LIUK and Knowledge of English language ) for yourselves and your adult dependent you can apply for ILR after your extension together. Also, remember to check the rules for co-habitation.

Tier-1 dependent can apply to extend their leave to remain after 6th April 2015, only main applicants can't.

All the best.

Thanks.

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:24 pm

Thanks Pranav.

With no offences, Can I have another YES from senior member of this forum.

askhan
United Kingdom

Post by askhan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:09 am

HI Mate.

Yes, and Yes for both queries.

Thanks
A
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:29 pm

Thank you everyone for their help.

I got my Tier 1 second extention granted last week. I applied without my dependent.

Now during the PEO apppointment the only question I was asked was

"You applied with your dependent during the previous extension and you are applying alone this time. Are you going to apply for them?"

I wasn't expecting this question and I replied "Yes I will be appying for them by post".

Now I am wondering why CW enquired about this? Was it just out of curosity or is it mandatory for dependents to keep up with the main applicant in terms of visa expiry? My dependent and I will be applying for ILR togehter in june 2015. Can this question come up again that time.

askhan
United Kingdom

Post by askhan » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:22 am

Hi Mate.

They do normally ask this question as according to them you have dependents and now you are applying alone.
This will not cause any issues in future, just let them know for safe side i did my extension and dependents can extend later on.

Thanks
A
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:44 am

Thanks mate...

Anybody else who was asked this question and would like to share their experience, Senior members please could you contribute your view.

alxale

Post by alxale » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:54 am

I am also in the same situation - enough points, fulfilled all the criteria, eligible in June
Thought about it but probably decided not to go for extension
It is an extra insurance/safety net but a very expensive one (£2000 per applicant PEO) , with the ILR fee already going up to £2000 per applicant (PEO).

Honestly, as the last few batches, I think we are already paying too much to the Home Office

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:11 am

alxale wrote:I am also in the same situation - enough points, fulfilled all the criteria, eligible in June
Thought about it but probably decided not to go for extension
It is an extra insurance/safety net but a very expensive one (£2000 per applicant PEO) , with the ILR fee already going up to £2000 per applicant (PEO).

Honestly, as the last few batches, I think we are already paying too much to the Home Office
Yes you are right in terms of the fees. Although I have a very straight forward case, I spent some sleepless nights thinking of 6th April deadline and close down Tier 1 G for main applicants. I woldn't have even bothered if Tier 1 was still open after 6th April.

But thinking about it we have already given a lot in the last 5 years only for the ILR. And at this point of the game I don't want to fall prey to anything stupid.

alxale

Post by alxale » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:56 pm

Now is the time for me to start getting a little worried, as there is no avenue to stay after the 6th if there is any issue with the ILR (which is unlikely of course based on the successful postings on this board)

When you extend only the main applicant leave, do you only submit documents for yourself (without the ones for dependent- proof of cohabitation, passports, etc) ?

pranav.vaidya

Post by pranav.vaidya » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:42 pm

Hi,

I agree with hsmp_apr2010. And for the same reason I got my Tier-1 (G) extended at Croydon PEO earlier this week, got extns. for 3 years. I think I have a straight case for ILR later this year, however didn't want to take chances. Now one can argue that I wasted PEO money etc. however I think I bought peace of mind for next 3 years. It's individual's preference.

My 2 dependents currently have leave to remain until April 2016 which was granted as part of our last renewal. Later this year I will go straight for their ILR along with me.

When you extend your visa, all documents including maintenance funds is required for yourselves only.

All the best!!

Thanks.

Frankel

Post by Frankel » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:52 pm

I believe indeed this is very good idea to extend before ILR because after April 2015 ,Tier 1 General holders will be under great threat .

i am also planing to extend my current visa although i will qualify for ILR in May 2015 but don't want to take any chance.

Can someone confirm the latest application form for tier one general main applicant please , Is the one mentioned below is correct one.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _12_14.pdf

"TIER 1
(General)
version 12/14"

Many Thanks

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:33 pm

yes "version 12/14" is the latest one and was the one I used. Best of luck...

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:40 pm

alxale wrote:Now is the time for me to start getting a little worried, as there is no avenue to stay after the 6th if there is any issue with the ILR (which is unlikely of course based on the successful postings on this board)

When you extend only the main applicant leave, do you only submit documents for yourself (without the ones for dependent- proof of cohabitation, passports, etc) ?
Yes you only need documents for yourself as you are applying alone...I applied with...
Application form
Passport + BRP (all pages photocopies)
Covering letter
PBS Self assessment calculator
Covering letter for Salary Explanation
Original 12 months paylisp (photocopies)
Original 12 months bank statements (photocopies)
Bank statements for maintenance funds maintained in different account (photocopies)

Best of luck

alxale

Post by alxale » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:24 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience of renewal
Is there no need to submit the degree certificate (qualification) and the English Language proof since they have been proven in the tier 1 application ? Did you include those as well

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:06 pm

alxale wrote:Thanks for sharing your experience of renewal
Is there no need to submit the degree certificate (qualification) and the English Language proof since they have been proven in the tier 1 application ? Did you include those as well
You are right there is no need to submit, but I did carry it with me incase I am asked for. Also tick the relevent section in the form.