ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surname mismatch between Degree certificate and Passport

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhisheksgumadi
Newly Registered

Surname mismatch between Degree certificate and Passport

Post by abhisheksgumadi » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:33 pm

I applied for the Tier 2 General work permit. I submitted all the material except that my Surname is different between the Degree certificate and my Passport.

My Degree says Abhishek S while my Passport says Abhishek Shivkumar.

Is that an issue? Has anyone faced this issue and still been able to get the Visa?

abhisheksgumadi
Newly Registered

Re: Surname mismatch between Degree certificate and Passport

Post by abhisheksgumadi » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:24 pm

52 views, 2 weeks and no reply? Common guys, there should be someone who should know this or has experienced before :)

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:32 pm

Personally, I think it should be fine. There are many instances where initials are used. In my case, for example, my middle name is mentioned as an initial in my degree whereas its spelled fully in passport. It worked for me.

If UKBA has any doubt, they will try to find it out as part of their verification process.

XanderCage
Newly Registered

Post by XanderCage » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:16 pm

hi Abhishek , In case this message reaches you , could you please let me know if you were successful in getting the visa inspite of this issue ? i am exactly in this situation where my middle initial is not appearing in passport...please reply in case you read this message

If others have some info on this problem, please let me know !!