ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit From Poland to UK Please Help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raju4u

EEA Family Permit From Poland to UK Please Help

Post by raju4u » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:50 pm

This is for a friend of Mine please help if possible. A NON EU National.

He is married to a polish citizen living in Poland and has a 3 years old daughter. He is living in Poland from last 7 years and doing job. He holds residency visa card from Poland which was issued for staying long enough there (Probably a permanent residence). Now he wants to apply for an EEA Family Permit to come to the UK. His wife and daughter never visited the UK. My question is what does he need to apply for a UK Visa. He is legally married to his Polish wife from last 2 3 years. Please guide with the procedure and the documents required. (He will accompany his wife and daughter while travelling to UK) thanks in advance your help will be highly appreciated.

DMY
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit From Poland to UK Please Help

Post by DMY » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:43 pm

Hi there,
Your friend need to apply for EEA family permit from poland to enable him enter the Uk. The wife and Daughter does not need visa to enter Uk but the spouse of the EEA national does. Your friend need to check the UKIV website to meet up the requirements.However, The wife passport, married certificate,your bank statement,resident card from poland,proof of relationship such as Family pictures and so son.

Good Luck

raju4u

Post by raju4u » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:33 am

Thanks for the quick reply, is it neccessary to provide financial information? like you mentioned bank statement or job letters? if yes then how many month or years of bank statement is required? and if they refuse his visa will he get an appeal right? I read in FAQs on this forum and it says that you do not need to show any bank statements or salary slips or job activity only passports marriage certificate eu residence card and kids birth certificate. please guide and correct me. thanks

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:43 am

your wife need to be exercising treaty right in the UK if you want he want to join her.

By the way why he did not apply for Polish citizenship ? He can easily apply if married to a Polish citizen and living there for 3 or 5 years ( can't remember )
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

raju4u

Post by raju4u » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:50 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:your wife need to be exercising treaty right in the UK if you want he want to join her.

By the way why he did not apply for Polish citizenship ? He can easily apply if married to a Polish citizen and living there for 3 or 5 years ( can't remember )
I heard that she does not need to be in the UK, she may travel with him as well. Actually his wife never been to UK but they intend to travel together.

for the passport he says that there is a test in polish language and it take a year more to apply. I think EEA FP is the only option for him. Can someone please mention the documents needed for this visa? thanks

raju4u

Post by raju4u » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:55 pm

Is it necessary for her to be in the UK? i dont think so. she either needs to be in the UK or she needs to travel with him, this is my understanding. correct me if i am wrong. because he is preparing his visa form and close to apply. thanks

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:47 pm

All that is legally required for the EEA Family Permit application are his and her passports, marriage certificate, and confirmation that the EEA citizen will be travelling to the UK. If they intend to stay longer than 3 months in the UK, then the EEA citizen must exercise Treaty rights. He is not legally obliged to provide any other details for his application such as finances, although he should be prepared for embassy staff to be untrained in the rights of EEA citizens and their family members.

raju4u

Post by raju4u » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:57 pm

rosebead wrote:All that is legally required for the EEA Family Permit application are his and her passports, marriage certificate, and confirmation that the EEA citizen will be travelling to the UK. If they intend to stay longer than 3 months in the UK, then the EEA citizen must exercise Treaty rights. He is not legally obliged to provide any other details for his application such as finances, although he should be prepared for embassy staff to be untrained in the rights of EEA citizens and their family members.
I thought the same but i suggested him to answer all the questions on the form honestly and provide every details they have asked. Some people also suggested that on financial details just write ''not required'' . But i think it is better to put all the details and then explain everything in covering letter. They intend to send the following documents.

Passports of NON EU national
His wife's polish passport
His daughter's polish Passport
His residency card.
Their marriage certificate
His daughter's Birth certificate
His bank statement showing savings
His wife's bank statement showing savings
Letter from his wife's friend where she confirms that they will stay with her in UK
A covering letter mentioning EU Regulations and a request to consider for EEA FP

They intend to stay in UK for 7 to 10 days as they have jobs in Poland already. Do you think these are sufficient? And do they need to mention that they will only visit for a week or two? Please bear in mind that none of them ever traveled to UK in past but they both will be travelling once he gets his EEA Family Permit. I understand there are loads of questions in the form and many are ambiguous and unclear. Any suggestions or format of covering letter will be highly appreciated. thanks again