ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 years /spouse

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bob919
Newly Registered

14 years /spouse

Post by bob919 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:13 pm

Hello Newbie here.

I've got few questions if anybody would be kind enough to help me.

Which of these 2 options would be much better for me to apply in another words have more percentage of chances of my application being sucessfull.

(1) Applying for the 14 years long residence route. I've got paper work to prove that I have been in the country and never left once. I've been in the uk for just over 15 years.
Never had any deportation or any correspondence sent to me by the H.O, I've live at the same address since I've been in uk.

(2) Go to my country( commonwealth) and get married there to my long term british born girlfriend and apply for a spouse visa.

Before i make the necessary to choose one the above. If I apply for an SAB will they track me down what I mean by this is would that trigger something on their computer to come and check me out/ look for me. like for example say If my file has been distroyed / mispalced or for what other reason, could be that's why they never contacted me, now if asking for SAB do you think I am looking for trouble and might complicate things? so to speak.

The reason for the SAB is I want to check what they got on me before going forward to get my status sorted.

Lastly I was sentenced to community service (uk) (I was dragged into this without me knowing at the time) about 9 years ago so the conviction is spent. On applications form they ask if " you have had any criminal conviction/s in the uk or any country" tick yes or no. "Convivtion spent need not to be disclosed" Does that only mean that I don't need to give an account of why I was convicted but still have to tick yes?

Thanks for your time.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:21 pm

You can get a solicitor to apply for an SAB on your behalf. You need to disclose your address to the lawyer but he does not need to disclose it to the Home Office. They'll send the SAB to his office.

Once you put in an application under the 14 year rule you'll need to give them your address and they could, technically, pick you up. But they don't.

You do not need to disclose anything about spent convictions.

I would not go abroad and apply for a spouse visa as that seems a useful Plan B should you have trouble with the 14 year application.

bob919
Newly Registered

Post by bob919 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:37 pm

Thank you for the quick repplied OL7MAX. I was wondering if I can Pm you hopefully I won't take much of your time. If you say no I'll understand.

Thanks

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:12 pm

On what basis did you come here? Did you ever apply for any visa, asylum, etc?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:08 pm

I've replied to your PM.