ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa - Chennai Timeline

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

field_test12
India

Settlement Visa - Chennai Timeline

Post by field_test12 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:11 pm

Hi Guys,

It looks Chennai seems to be one of the most delayed centre

Date of Application in VFS Center: 12/01/2015
VFS Center: Hyderabad India
Received at High Commission on: 13/01/2015 (Chennai)
Under Processing Start Date on: 13/01/2015
Visa Category: Spouse Settlement with kids

So far we are waiting for the below dates, Please add in if i have missed any one

iconavdeep - 28 Dec 2014
piya786 - 02 Jan 2015
praveeny - 02 Jan 2015
Field_test12 - 12 Jan 2015

Sac10
Newly Registered

Re: Settlement Visa - Chennai Timeline

Post by Sac10 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:12 am

complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk Chennai.visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am complaining about rampant inefficiency in processing of Settlement VISA by below team.

I will send another email under Freedom of Information Act explaining justification of 60 days SLA.

The Chennai team, as per the weekly report, is taking an average of 40 working days to process applications in contrast to other centres, like Mumbai, which are taking less than 10 days.
I am concerned at the level of disparity within the BDHC service standards. Yes, it is still under the target of 60 working days and we all agree that the maximum SLA defined for a settlement visa is 60 working days. Which itself is punishment for the settlement applicant, considering all other categories of visa has a SLA of just 15 days. However, the issue is why there is no interaction between the regional BDHC's to manage the work load and bring more parity amongst the BDHC's in India?

The mandate of any organisation should be to finish their task in more a efficient and productive way rather than just meet the max SLA prescribed.

The maximum SLA should be for the most complicated cases and not should be taken as norm - instead it should be exception.
As a fee paying service I am shocked because we have applied for a Settlement Visa at Chennai, so we have to wait for then 40 days. Whereas if we had chosen to apply at Mumbai BDHC we would have received decision in less than 10 working days.

Can you please kindly advise if Chennai applications will be brought to par with Mumbai service standards in regards to timelines for settlement applications? Can I kindly request you to investigate into this sorry state of affairs of this centre and address its shortcoming so that future applicants should not go through the same pain?