ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Extension Complication (Fund Maintenance)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

digitanium

Tier 2 Dependent Extension Complication (Fund Maintenance)

Post by digitanium » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:18 pm

Hi

In a bit tricky situation regarding my wife's Tier 2 Dependent Visa extension (on her own), so hope to get your expert opinion.
Her visa runs out on the 28/06/2015 but we need to make an earlier postal extension to accommodate some travelling closer to the date.
I was trialling the online application for her and was rather unexpected to learn that she need to show maintenance fund showing her own bank account. It was a bit oversight from both of us that we didn't sort out a bank account for her after moving here. She was taking a break from her career and intended to open a bank account when she gets into employment.

I was under the impression I need to show any fund maintenance on behalf of her and this would have worked perfectly.
So the question is what steps should I take to tackle this issue,

a) I can easily get my current employer(A rated sponsor) to issue a letter agreeing to certify maintenance for her but I have since gotten my ILR in the past 10 months though I continue employment with them. Will this be acceptable?

b) My wife still maintains fund of more than equivalent of £650 in her bank account from her country of birth.

c) Switch to FLR(M)?

Please advise.
Thanks

digitanium

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Extension Complication (Fund Maintenanc

Post by digitanium » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:22 am

Any advise please?

Mods,
Feel free to move this thread to "Immigration for Family Members" if it is more relevant there.

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:52 am

digitanium wrote:Hi

In a bit tricky situation regarding my wife's Tier 2 Dependent Visa extension (on her own), so hope to get your expert opinion.
Her visa runs out on the 28/06/2015 but we need to make an earlier postal extension to accommodate some travelling closer to the date.
I was trialling the online application for her and was rather unexpected to learn that she need to show maintenance fund showing her own bank account. It was a bit oversight from both of us that we didn't sort out a bank account for her after moving here. She was taking a break from her career and intended to open a bank account when she gets into employment.

I was under the impression I need to show any fund maintenance on behalf of her and this would have worked perfectly.
So the question is what steps should I take to tackle this issue,

a) I can easily get my current employer(A rated sponsor) to issue a letter agreeing to certify maintenance for her but I have since gotten my ILR in the past 10 months though I continue employment with them. Will this be acceptable?
no, because you are no longer sponsored by your employer

b) My wife still maintains fund of more than equivalent of £650 in her bank account from her country of birth.
as long as the funds have been maintained for at least 3 months prior to the application this is OK, the funds don't have to be in the UK

c) Switch to FLR(M)
read para 3b under "Dependants of PBS migrants" here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 114832.htm

Please advise.
Thanks

digitanium

Post by digitanium » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:32 pm

Thanks manci.
We will pursue using option B with her offshore bank account.

Could you advise the grace period allowed to post supporting documents once an online application is completed?
Ideally I would like to complete the application and make payment by 5th April and submit documents by 22nd April.
Would this be ok?

Thanks

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:55 pm

Documents need to be sent within 15 working days from the date of online application i.e. the date of payment. Count the working days from that date.

digitanium

Post by digitanium » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:33 pm

Thank you all however I received another advise from a different immigration forum that confuses me.

Apparently the fund CAN be held under my name even though my dependent is applying the renewal on her own based on Immigration Rules, Appendix C, 1B (a)(iii)(1)_iii
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ndix_C.pdf

Please can someone clarify?

digitanium

Post by digitanium » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:38 am

Manci or anyone else could shed some light on this please?
Thanks

digitanium

Post by digitanium » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:38 pm

Just contacted UKBA and was told the maintenance fund can be held under the Tier 2 holder(me) and not necessarily the dependent.
This guideline was not very clear even the online application gives the impression the fund maintenance needs to be held on the applicant's name.

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Wed May 13, 2015 10:35 am

Hi Manci

I got a query about funds maintenance , my husband is going to apply as a tier 2 general dependent from india. I ahve maintained funds in uk , and i have sent statements till april 28 2015 for consecutive 90 days. Actually my statement billing dates are from 13 to 14 th of next month, as i have requested the santander people i got till 28th of april 2015 instead of 14th april 2015. Unfortunately my husband couldnt apply as planned on 21/05/15 ( so that statements are not older than 28 days) , he will end up applying on 25/05/15 . I cannot send my statement on time . Luckily , my husband back in india maintaining 70,000 rupees from 25/04/15 till date. Can we use the statement of his covering from 28/04/15 to till date as a continuity to my uk bank statements to cover 90 days period ?.

please help me at the earliest possibility.

Kind Regards
Deepam/Deepthi

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Wed May 13, 2015 10:36 am

Hi Manci

I got a query about funds maintenance , my husband is going to apply as a tier 2 general dependent from india. I ahve maintained funds in uk , and i have sent statements till april 28 2015 for consecutive 90 days. Actually my statement billing dates are from 13 to 14 th of next month, as i have requested the santander people i got till 28th of april 2015 instead of 14th april 2015. Unfortunately my husband couldnt apply as planned on 21/05/15 ( so that statements are not older than 28 days) , he will end up applying on 25/05/15 . I cannot send my statement on time . Luckily , my husband back in india maintaining 70,000 rupees from 25/04/15 till date. Can we use the statement of his covering from 28/04/15 to till date as a continuity to my uk bank statements to cover 90 days period ?.

please help me at the earliest possibility.

Kind Regards
Deepam/Deepthi