ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good news for new An form march 2015

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

azka

Good news for new An form march 2015

Post by azka » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:42 pm

As you all know new An form march 2015 has been updaded, alot of people thinking including myself we will have to send original BRP indefinite leave to remain even through check and send service,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I phoned council they know nothing about these new changing,,,,,,,they asked me to contact home office,,,,,,,,,,when i phoned home office the lady did not understand at all what i was asking ,,,,,,,,,finally she gave me this number to call 03001232253......then press option # 1 and then again press option #1

when I phoned on 03001232253 press option #1 and again option #1 finally i got this answer

" If i am using check and send service I just need to show them my original one and they will get copy of that and I can get my original back"

basically this new changing it for those who has never been given Finger prints previously..... will have to do it now or if anyone has lost his BRP and can not show to check and send service ,,,,,will have to give finger prints again

I will recommend all of you better to phone on the above number to make things clear,,, if anyone get different reply from Home office please share it

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Good news for new An form march 2015

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:24 pm

azka wrote:basically this new changing it for those who has never been given Finger prints previously..... will have to do it now or if anyone has lost his BRP and can not show to check and send service ,,,,,will have to give finger prints again
It appears you were given incorrect information over the phone. While it's true that your existing BRP will be returned to you, you will still need to enrol your biometric details as part of your naturalisation application.

See the following topic & page 13 of the new AN guide.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1168060

azka

Post by azka » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:17 am

thanks cs95tdg could you please put some light on what do you mean by this Current BRP will be returned is it either returned by council NCS ? after making photo copies or firstly it needs to be sent out to home office and home office will return it later on?

thanks in advance

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:59 am

It will be returned to you at the time of your NCS appointment, just as your passport is. NCS will take a copy & certify the copy which they will send to the HO with all other certified supporting documents.

See the following thread where two members have confirmation from their respective NCS's.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 83606.html

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:40 am

If originals, BRP etc will not be returned then no one will go to NCS
Manka

REQUEST1

Post by REQUEST1 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:00 am

cs95tdg wrote:It will be returned to you at the time of your NCS appointment, just as your passport is. NCS will take a copy & certify the copy which they will send to the HO with all other certified supporting documents.

See the following thread where two members have confirmation from their respective NCS's.

I have applied for my son mn1with New form and submitted his brp card original.ncs officer wasn't sure.but still I asked to forward it.I don't know if the H o will return brp card if theydon't need.I am confused now.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:30 pm

REQUEST1 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:It will be returned to you at the time of your NCS appointment, just as your passport is. NCS will take a copy & certify the copy which they will send to the HO with all other certified supporting documents.

I have applied for my son mn1with New form and submitted his brp card original.ncs officer wasn't sure.but still I asked to forward it.I don't know if the H o will return brp card if theydon't need.I am confused now.
They'll probably return it, but after getting Registration as British Citizen, the ILR card ceases to exist and you dont need it anymore.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:53 pm

fwd079 wrote:They'll probably return it, but after getting Registration as British Citizen, the ILR card ceases to exist and you dont need it anymore.
The BRP is required to travel until the application is decided, that was the whole idea to go to NCS so you can still travel while HO squats on all the applications for months

If BRP is taken away at the time of application then the NCS might as well shut shop and bear a loss of revenue through this service which am sure it won't be too happy with
Manka

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:13 pm

REQUEST1 wrote:

If the NCS also took a certified copy, you could have requested to get the original BRP back today - if they haven't already sent it to the HO.

If you don't require it for travel while the MN application is in progress, then you could just wait for the decision, when they should technically send it back to you as it is a original supporting document.

If however you need it before then, I'd wait for the application acknowledgment & then ask for the BRP to be returned explaining that it's required for travel.

REQUEST1

Post by REQUEST1 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:39 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
REQUEST1 wrote:

If the NCS also took a certified copy, you could have requested to get the original BRP back today - if they haven't already sent it to the HO.

Many thanks for your reply.I relied on the application and if I put brp not enclosed I have to mention where it is ?? Options are lost or returned to H o etc etc in brp section.so I completely relied on the application and mentioned. Brp enclosed.the Ncs officer wasn't sure as well but said makes sense according to application.anways I may contact H O if I have any travel plans
Thanks to everyone
RJ.

If you don't require it for travel while the MN application is in progress, then you could just wait for the decision, when they should technically send it back to you as it is a original supporting document.

If however you need it before then, I'd wait for the application acknowledgment & then ask for the BRP to be returned explaining that it's required for travel.