ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settlement visa for mother

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farrukh

settlement visa for mother

Post by farrukh » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi All

First of all I am sorry if this has been answered before. I am a british citizen (thanks to immigrationboards!!) and would like to know what are the chances of inviting my mother to UK on a settlement visa. My mother is on her own in Pakistan as my father recently passed away. I have one elder brother and he lives in UAE and one elder sister who is married and lives in Pakistan but with her inlaws. My mother is working in Pakistan and my parents used to visit me here in UK every year for last 6 years. My mother got 5 year visitors visa as well (expiring next year).

Could you please tell me what are the chances of her getting a settlement visa based on the fact that she is on her own in Pakistan (she is 60+).

Thank you and I hope to hear from some one soon.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: settlement visa for mother

Post by Wanderer » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:43 pm

To all intents and purposes impossible.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Unless your mother's situation meets the strict conditions (which from your post she doesn't) and application will fail. Also bear in mind that if you apply for an elderly dependent visa and it's refused, future visitor visa applications are also likely to be rejected.
This is from the UKVI website:
You must prove that:
you need long-term care to do everyday personal and household tasks
the care you need is not available or affordable in the country you live in
the person you’ll be joining in the UK will be able to support, accommodate and care for you without claiming public funds for at least 5 years
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:52 am

Thank you guys for your replies.