ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Legal advice in Rio de Janeiro

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Easylistener
Newly Registered

Legal advice in Rio de Janeiro

Post by Easylistener » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:12 pm

Does anyone know a good lawyer in Rio de Janeiro who has significant experience of UK Immigration Law in regard to an application for a settlement visa? I am returning to the UK with my Brazilian civil partner to work and need to resolve whether it is best to apply in Brazil or wait until I have worked for six months in the UK.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Legal advice in Rio de Janeiro

Post by manci » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:30 pm

why not use a UK immigration lawyer? - likely to be more familiar with the ever changing rules than a Brazilian lawyer would be

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:09 pm

Easylistener wrote:Does anyone know a good lawyer in Rio de Janeiro who has significant experience of UK Immigration Law in regard to an application for a settlement visa? I am returning to the UK with my Brazilian civil partner to work and need to resolve whether it is best to apply in Brazil or wait until I have worked for six months in the UK.
What is your nationality?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Easylistener
Newly Registered

Post by Easylistener » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:19 pm

I am British

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:48 pm

Were you working in Brazil, or are you looking to work when you return to the UK?

Easylistener
Newly Registered

Post by Easylistener » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:34 pm

Obie, thanks for your interest. I have been working in Rio de Janeiro for some years and earning more than £18,600. However, because I have received about half of this as 'housing allowance' I suspect that UK Immigration do not recognize this as salaried income. It's for this reason and one or two others that I want to find a lawyer in Rio who knows the system well.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:38 pm

Difficult to see how a Rio lawyer can advise and make representation to UKVI. You need a UK based lawyer.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:07 pm

Try this one http://www.londonhelp4u.co.uk/ (Francine Mendoca) She is a very good lawyer and has offices in Brazil.