ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to UK from China under British + Chinese Passports

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ellicott
Newly Registered

Travel to UK from China under British + Chinese Passports

Post by Ellicott » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:25 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have just had a baby girl. My wife is Chinese and I am British. I will be getting both a Chinese Passport for her as we live in China and a British one too for when she is older. But we want to take to the UK for a holiday and show her to my side of the family. In order to try and work around the backward issues of vast majority of the world recognising dual citizenship and unfortunately the one we live in doesn't...yet.
We are planning to go to Hong Kong on her Chinese passport. Then fly out from Hong Kong to the UK on her British passport and then 2 weeks or so later return doing the same thing. Now I am pretty sure thats the only work around of doing it without the hassle and worry of obtaining visas.
Does anyone know if this would feasibly work? Or even better have done something or know of someone doing something similar?