ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying a visa for my wife under HSMP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

msh2503
Newly Registered

Applying a visa for my wife under HSMP

Post by msh2503 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:40 pm

I am getting married overseas in Dec 2004 and I would like to bring my wife with me to join me here in the UK.

1. What Visa category does she apply?
2. Does she need to fill a different form because VAF1 does not mention Long stay category under HSMP dependency, it only mentions spouses for Work Permit holders.

3. I am a muslem, so is my wife to be and this is the first time we are meeting and then getting married the next day and apply her visa as soon as the marriage certificate is issued . We have only exchanged photos in the past and we normally talk on the phone. This has been going on for 4 months. Is this problem in regard to the HO requirements about the relationship. e.g When did you meet your husband question..3 days ago?

My details:
Employment Status = Permanent
Visa Status = 2001 - 2003 WORK permit and employed,
2003 to now HSMP then extended until 2007
Eligible for IRL on May 2005.

Cheers

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:07 am

i think she would apply under the same form for WP dependent. in as far as how they will treat her application embassy in your country and they will be able to advise you on their particular requirements and application process from that centre. You will find that the application process for UK entry clearance will differ from country to country