ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pebb1ee

ILR Appointment

Post by pebb1ee » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:03 pm

Hi guys,

I was on PSW visa and then I applied for Tier 1 General Visa in March 2010 .
I got Tier 1 General visa on 6th May 2010 in the UK.

I have got two questions.

1) I have booked for an appointment in person for ILR on 8th of April 2015.
Since i calculated 28 days before 6th of may is 8th april which is why i booked it.
Can someone confirm the application will be considered in time and will not be rejected due to applying early.

2) I am showing bank statements/payslip claiming from 28/02/2014 to 27/02/2015. Will that period be considered as in 12 months in the last 15 months?

thanks

pebble

krishna6693

Re: ILR Appointment

Post by krishna6693 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm

08 Apr 2015 is 29 days before 06May.. Please can someone double check this?

Bank statements/Payslips look fine.,
You can claim points for previous earnings for any single, consecutive 12 month period from the 15 months immediately before application.

pebb1ee

Post by pebb1ee » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:16 pm

I have checked on different websites (6th may - 28 days) which gives 8th april 2015

http://www.calculator.net/date-calculat ... &x=83&y=18

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:29 am

This is the calculation I used.

1 Apr to 30 Apr is 30 days. But if you subtract 30'days using this calc it gives the date of 31 Mar.

Open an excel sheet and do the subtraction for both examples mentioned.
You may be correct and I only want you to be in the safe zone.

mkh

Post by mkh » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:57 am

krishna6693 wrote:This is the calculation I used.

1 Apr to 30 Apr is 30 days. But if you subtract 30'days using this calc it gives the date of 31 Mar.

Open an excel sheet and do the subtraction for both examples mentioned.
You may be correct and I only want you to be in the safe zone.
3 april is 2 days away from 1 april
30 april is 29 days away from 1 april.
and so 6 may is 28 days from 8 april.. easy peasy

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:28 pm

8 April 2015. No doubt and confirmed.

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:39 pm

Great. Sorry for the confusion from my end.

pebb1ee

Post by pebb1ee » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:16 pm

Got ILR Approved on 8th april at CROYDON. I was on Tier 1 General.

Appointment was at 9 am but left home (west london) at 6:15am. Arrived at Whitgift parking at 7:37 am
Walked to the entrance at Lunar house and admitted in.

08:00 : Entry and Airport style security
08:05 : Case Pre-check and Token no assigned
08:15 : Case registration
08:35: Bio-metrics (myself and dependant)
08:45: Left lunar house and went to whitgift shopping centre.

10:35 Did not receive any call so went back to Lunar house. Admitted back in and told it was approved like 1 hour ago
and they had been calling me since then.

Document submitted
* 1 SET O (new application form 4/2015, did not fill the fees section since i have already paid for the appointment)
* Passport x 5 (returned)
* 2 BRP (not returned)
* 2 x 2 photographs (me and dependant)
* 12 Month Pay slips (original returned, xerox taken)
* 12 Months bank statements.
* 1 Saving account statement for last three months
* 1 Current Employer reference letter with annual salary stated on it (original returned, xerox taken)
* HM Revenue annual tax summary letter (not required but felt like adding it, original returned, xerox taken)
* Cohabitation letters: Electroll poll card, NHS registration letters for myself, dependant and child, Joint tenancy agreements, Health care plan for family, Previous Home office Approval letters, Child birth certificate (uk), Marriage certificate
* Previous visa copies and Biometric copies - case worker returned it
* 2 LIUK test certificate (me and dependant) - case worker returned original - took xerox
* Degree certificate and original transcript (myself) case worker returned original - took xerox
(Since I had studied the degree from UK, in the application form i ticked on two things:
An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada);

* English language certificate for dependant. In the application form, i have put the award reference number from the original certificate (issued by trinity college) and date of award mentioned on the same certificate
* PBS print out (i took the printout in march using tier1 general) - case worker returned
* 1 - Cover letter - Mentioning details of Knowledge of language and life in the uk, Previous earning assessment (Created in excel format detailing Paydate/Gross/NI,TAX, Net and grand total), Qualification assessment, Age Assessment, UK Experience, Passports and biometric details, Maintenance (not required but i just wanted to mention about the saving account statements which i had attached), Absences from UK and Evidence of cohabitation documents.

I had Absences for less than 30 days in the last 5 years, neither i was bothered to ask last 2 employers to provide me letters stating absences. Instead i asked the last two employers to provide me reference letters stating my start/end date. I also included payslips/bank statement for period of absences (2012 and 2013)

Overall it was an excellent experience. I took my dependant with my child who is born in the UK. No questions asked about why i didn't applied for child since now I will be applying for him using MNA1 once received the biometric permits.
Once again big thanks to everyone who shared their experience and it helped me out to build the case.