ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- Which Route tier 2 5 year or 10 year LR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

virgos143

ILR- Which Route tier 2 5 year or 10 year LR

Post by virgos143 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:11 am

Dear All,

I will be applying for my ILR early next year and just so it happens my 5 year Tier 2 residency and 10 year long residency coincides roughly the same time about a month apart. Just wanted to know for your experiences which route would be the easier one to take.

VISA profile

Student - 3 years
PSW - 2 years
Tier 2 - currently 4 years coming to 5 early next year.

Thanks in advance,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR- Which Route tier 2 5 year or 10 year LR

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:31 am

Do you have dependents on your Tier 2 visa in the UK with you?

Tiere 2 route ILR - you can apply in person and get a decision on the day.

Long residence ILR - only postal applications and can take a few months. Less documents required to submit. But, if you have dependents, they will need to switch visas and their clock towards ILR will be reset if you choose this route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

virgos143

Re: ILR- Which Route tier 2 5 year or 10 year LR

Post by virgos143 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:41 pm

Thanks CR001.

Still enjoying the single life and do not think i will be having dependents when i apply for ILR.

Really its just a matter of choice then. May have to go with 5 year tier 2 route to be safe and get away with waiting for the post to get my heartbeat up. And just in case they reject it i still have hope via the 10 year LR route.

Thanks again.