ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

suresh.k.dasari

Dependant Visa from India

Post by suresh.k.dasari » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:21 pm

Hi All

I currently have a British passport, my wife is on a Dependant visa which is due for renewal in September this year. We are planning to go down to India for a year due to personal reasons which might cause my wife's dependant visa expire in September.

However, after 1 year, I can still return back to UK with no issues but was worried what will be the procedure to bring my wife into UK.
a. Should I still apply for a fresh Dependant Visa?
b. Should I show earnings (currently 18,600 pounds)
c. Should I first enter uk, earn 18,600 and then apply for a dependant visa, then bring my wife into UK?

Please advise the procedure.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependant Visa from India

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:35 pm

If her visa expires while she is abroad, she will have to apply again and the whole process with start fresh from day 1 and 5 years will be counted from the new entry clearance visa.

Why don't you renew at PEO shortly before you travel as she will get another visa for a further 2.5 years so would be able to return with you but would probably require another extension sometime in the future.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

suresh.k.dasari

Post by suresh.k.dasari » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:38 pm

When you say renewa shortly, how soon can I apply for renewal. I am under the impression that I can only apply for renewal 30 days prior to the expiry of current visa. Is that correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:48 pm

When are you planning on traveling?

You can probably apply sooner for the extension, it generally just means that there will be an additional extension to cover the few months shortfall because of an early extension application. However, a spouse visa should not be used to just visit the UK. It is a settlement visa after all, which is why I suggest that she may need a further extension once you return to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

suresh.k.dasari

Post by suresh.k.dasari » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:28 pm

Thanks for the info. We have decided to renew the visa and then go down to India. However, can I check how soon before expiry can we go for a renewal. The current visa expiry is mid September. Can we go for renewal 2 or 3 months prior expiry?

Raj5

Post by Raj5 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:34 am

CR001 wrote:When are you planning on traveling?

You can probably apply sooner for the extension, it generally just means that there will be an additional extension to cover the few months shortfall because of an early extension application. However, a spouse visa should not be used to just visit the UK. It is a settlement visa after all, which is why I suggest that she may need a further extension once you return to the UK.
Hi Char,

Is nothing in the rules to stop an early spouse visa application, as I think somewhere I read the visa should not be applied before 38 days of expiry.