ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leaving UK on Marriage/Fiance Visa and the coming back

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meb4ne1
United Kingdom

Leaving UK on Marriage/Fiance Visa and the coming back

Post by meb4ne1 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:16 am

Hi,

My wife is a US citizen who came to the UK after applying for a 'Join family living permanently in the UK' (or marriage/fiance) visa in Feb 2015. We plan to get married later this month. Her visa expires in July 2015.

As there isn't enough time to apply for the spouse visa, is it possible for her to go back to US next month (after marriage) to visit her family and then come back before June and apply for spouse visa?

Her visa does say Multi on the passport.

The reason being she got her return ticket to return in May but if we apply for spouse visa now, it might take two months and we'll waste the ticket.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Leaving UK on Marriage/Fiance Visa and the coming back

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:22 am

You can apply for the spouse visa in person as soon as you are married and you generally get the decision on the day. Costs a bit more though.

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... s/overview
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.