ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Professional Referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MrDodge
Newly Registered

Professional Referee

Post by MrDodge » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:27 pm

[reposting as first post disappeared...]
Hi,

I am trying to help my wife fill out her application for naturalization. We are having problems finding a suitable "professional" referee.
She knows someone who is in charge of a team of people at a company in the UK. I'm wondering if this counts as a "Manager of a Limited Company". I would interpret "Manager" as someone who directs the work of more junior staff. A "Limited Company" is a company registered at Companies House.

What do people think?

thanks in advance.

jamesjames

Re: Professional Referee

Post by jamesjames » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:00 pm

MrDodge wrote:[reposting as first post disappeared...]
Hi,

I am trying to help my wife fill out her application for naturalization. We are having problems finding a suitable "professional" referee.
She knows someone who is in charge of a team of people at a company in the UK. I'm wondering if this counts as a "Manager of a Limited Company". I would interpret "Manager" as someone who directs the work of more junior staff. A "Limited Company" is a company registered at Companies House.

What do people think?

thanks in advance.
Do you want to ask this individual what exactly his/her role is officially? Is he/her a team leader or team manager? If either of these, I presume it should be fine. The guidance form does say the list of referees is 'non exhaustive'.
I do not think it matters whether the company is limited or not. I stand to be corrected by anyone here.

JamesBrodie

Post by JamesBrodie » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:03 pm

I spoke to someone at Home Office and I think they are quite flexible with this. They essentially want someone that has some sort of 'standing', someone in a position where lying on the form could be detrimental to their position. You could give them a rang, they were quite helpful for me. I used the HR Manager at my work.
Naturalisation App: 25/3
Receipt by UKBA: 26/3
Email Ack/Fee taken: 13/4
Approval: 8/5 (Dated: 2/5)
Ceremony: 27/5

Passport App: 3/6 via PO
Receipt of App: 4/6
Interview Letter: 10/6
Return of Docs: 11/6
Interview: 15/6
Printed: 16/6
Arrived: 17/6

MrDodge
Newly Registered

Post by MrDodge » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:29 pm

ok thanks guys. It seems strange that whilst some of the professions mentioned in their "list of acceptable professional persons" are very specific, like Airline Pilot or Solicitor, we also have "Manager of a Limited Company" which could potentially cover huge numbers of people, i.e. anyone from team leader upwards in any private company!