ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on English Points - VTU,Karnataka

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

XanderCage
Newly Registered

Query on English Points - VTU,Karnataka

Post by XanderCage » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:15 am

Hi all,
I had a quick query. In order to score 10 points on tier 2 General Work visa English proficiency part, Can i simply submit my final year B.E degree taken from VTU,Karnataka ?

I am slightly confused if i should take a certificate from NARIC since when i use PBS calculator from https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk , It says i can score 10 points as VTU is already in the list of approved universities. However it does not make a statement what document is sufficient.

Your replies would be highly appreciated

Regards

XanderCage
Newly Registered

Re: Query on English Points - VTU,Karnataka

Post by XanderCage » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:38 pm

Could somebody please clear my doubt ? I want to avoid the NARIC certificate as it takes at least 15 days.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:17 pm

Assuming your study was in English. In that case, submitting your original degree certificate along with the application should suffice.

XanderCage
Newly Registered

Post by XanderCage » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:19 am

Thank you very much moonlight55 !! highly appreciate it . Yes, my study was in English and I will also submit a "Transcript of Record" certificate as my degree certificate does not mentioned "Language of Study " on the certificate. Hope this should be sufficient.
Do you think its a good idea also to submit a printout of the points calculator summary just so that embassy knows easily my university is already approved by NARIC ?

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:59 pm

I don't think it's required. I've never done it. They would have the latest data with them anyways.

jashds

Post by jashds » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:06 pm

I too am from VTU Karnataka and I submitted my Degree Certificate along with a print out of the points calculator Summary since it has the Visveswaraiah Technological University in the drop down selected along with other documents. This will suffice.

XanderCage
Newly Registered

Post by XanderCage » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:51 pm

Thanks you both for your reply :-) Appreciate it !!