ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Degree as Knowledge of Language necessary?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mnaeem126
inactive

UK Degree as Knowledge of Language necessary?

Post by mnaeem126 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:20 pm

Dear Seniors!
Is it necessary to send the same qualification which was previously provided with initial application, to claim the Language requirements for SET-O application under T1G. My friend has posted his ILR application today with Life in the UK Letter only and not degree certificate assuming that is not needed as that was provided with the initial T1(G) application.
Will it be a problem for ILR?
Thanks and Kind Regards,

krishna6693

Re: UK Degree as Knowledge of Language necessary?

Post by krishna6693 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:18 am

It would have been good if it was sent, but should not be a problem. Under qualifications it should be completed as evidence submitted as part of previous Tier 1 (General) application.

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:32 am

Not for qualification attribute, I want to ask for english language purpose for ilr. For qualification attribute guidance says that there is no need to send same qualification again.

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:41 am

It still should not be a problem as long as it is mentioned in the PBS calc and the self assessment print out was submitted with more than 20 points for qualification and 10 points for English lang. Was it at least mentioned in the cover letter or somewhere in the application?

Please can we have a second opinion on this friends.

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:07 pm

Krishna6693, Yes it was mentioned in the cover letter as "Degree Certificate provided with my previous application can be considered for English Language and Result Letter for Life in the UK test is enclosed".

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:31 pm

Proof of meeting the English requirement should have been sent with the ILR application. HO could either write to your friend asking for it or might reject the application as incomplete.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:51 pm

CR001. Should he send the Degree tomorrow as the application to home office has not been delivered yet? Would it work or he should wait for HO response? He has sent the self-assessment printout and mentioned it in cover letter.
Has any one got rejection in ILR due to not sending qualification for Knowledge of Language which was sent at the time of in-country initial application for qualification attribute and language?

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Naeem,

Its good housekeeping practice to send the documents required, dont expect caseworker to go back to earlier applications, firstly they MAY not spare the time. They write to you, or reject in any case your time wasted !
1. If you Explined Fully in covering letter that should work.
2. I would send the Degree under cover letter with reference to earlier letter, i hold opinion to provide AĹL required docs in first read.....

Send me PM if you like

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:01 pm

Can any1 pls let me know how i can delete this post? Rgds