ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Test problem

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

English Test problem

Post by TODMATT » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I applied for SET M in Jan 27 and one of the requirements was English Test in B1 level. I decide to register for Pearson test and scored 67 overall score and the required score for listening and speaking is 36, I got 65 and 74 respectively which surpass the score required by the UKBA. Yesterday, I was contacted by my solicitor who informed me that I was granted further leave to remain rather than ILR which doesn't make sense since I took the English test on the list.

Has anyone been in this type of situation before? Can i contest for the decision by the case worker since the UKBa said on the Pdf form that " The following is the list of Secure English Language Tests that have been assessed as meeting the Home Office’s requirements from 1 August 2014. These tests can be used in a UK immigration application until 5th November 2015 only when they have been taken on or before 5th April 2015.From 6th April 2015 there will be a new list of approved Secure English Language Tests and Test Centres. Anyone taking a test on or after 6th April 2015 must take one of the new listed tests at one of the approved centres if they wish to use it in a UK Immigration application. The list will be published by the end of February 2015"

I did my test in Jan 09
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.