ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please need advice about Vocational Training & CSI for PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dhrupadidhamaka
Newly Registered

Please need advice about Vocational Training & CSI for PR

Post by dhrupadidhamaka » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:09 am

Dear all,

We came to UK feb 2010. My wife is EEA national. She was in employment from march 2010 to august 2011. After involuntarily lost her job on September she start health & social care vocational course from Sep 2011 to Dec 2012. She again start a new job from Jan 2013 to till now continuing...My kind query is during Sep 2011 to Dec 2012 do we need any CSI while she was in Vocational training after involuntarily unemployed or this vocational training period itself enough to complete her treaty rights on mentioned period. Because somewhere I read if I involuntarily unemployed and start a vocational training, I may retain worker status while training and I don't need CSI...Am I right or wrong

We will be really glad if we get your kind advice..

Thanks in Advance....

rosebead
Member of Standing

Re: Please need advice about Vocational Training & CSI for P

Post by rosebead » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:14 pm

CSI is not required. Article 7(3)(d) of Directive 2004/38 allows for EEA nationals who are no longer workers to enter vocational training and keep their "worker status". However, if the EEA national was not involuntarily unemployed, their vocational training MUST be related to their previous employment.

dhrupadidhamaka
Newly Registered

Post by dhrupadidhamaka » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:09 am

Thanks lot for your kind advice....Are you sure we don't need CSI...Because someone told me if you are doing any study even it is vocational training we need CSI...Can you please advice please...

Thanks in advance...

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:06 pm

No CSI is needed because in your wife's case she had retained "worker status" as she went straight from her previous job into vocational training. This is a very different scenario to an EEA student who has never worked in the UK - it cannot be argued there that "worker status" was retained and so CSI must be obtained.