ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need to apply for dependent VISA for wife and daughter

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Re: Need to apply for dependent VISA for wife and daughter

Post by ravisb_2014 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:13 am

@moonlight, Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I am enclosing my tenancy agreement with the application, but tenancy will start after the visa application and before my family join me.
for query 4, if I put NO, will there be a problem if I travel with my wife and kid ?

@sunny007,
Yes, I am planning to change my flat and tenancy will start from 1st of April(hopefully), but i will do the agreement on end of Feb or 1st week of march so that I can process my dependent application immediately.
I don't think you need to change your address everywhere, tenancy agreement will be fine for address proof and accommodation.
Others like bank statement is for maintenance. why are submitting so many documents like NHS, DVLA etc ?
Anyway, I am submitting bank statement of me and my wife from my india account, not from UK account and it's having the same address for both in passport as well.

NeelP
Newly Registered

Post by NeelP » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:56 pm

Hi,

I recently applied for and received my wife and 5 month old son's visas. Posting here so it may be useful to someone in the similar situation. Note that my wife was in the UK as T2ICT dependent and traveled to India for delivery of our child and her leave to remain expired during the timeframe, not sure if it has any bearing on the application.

I applied through visa4uk website, the process is a long but easy and requires you to have all the information at hand, make sure you choose appropriate provider of maintenance funds (Main applicant's funds in this case)

1) Documents - I followed tier2_applicant's excellent guide (http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 60571.html) with 1 set each for my wife and my son's application.
[*]Application forms (my wife signed on behalf of my son)
[*]Passports
[*]Photograph (as per guidance on the site) 2 each
[*]copy of my passport
[*]copy of my BRP
[*]employment reference letter from employer
[*]Marriage certificate (for wife)
[*]Birth certificate (child)
[*]Salary slips for previous 6 months (original/stamped by the employer)
[*]Bank statements for previous 6 months (either original or verified/stamped by the bank in case of e-statements)
[*]Tenancy agreement (This is good to have but not mandatory as per my understanding)
[*] UK pre-departure Tuberculosis detection medical certificate (This is now regulated and only done at list of "approved" hospitals by UKVI - list available on their website)

2) Appointment - Paid the fees and booked the appointment via visa4uk website. It gives you an option to choose your preferred VFS location and I found that plenty of slots are available even as close as 3 days from submission of the application. Remember to book the same appointment date and time for your wife and child(ren).

[*] Appointment date: 27 Jan, 2015

3) On day of appointment - They will take your dependent's biometric details and your child's photograph (children below certain age are not required to give biometric) - and take your documents. They are not authorized to make any comments about your documentation so do not ask any questions on that. They will give you an option to either a) collect your documents in person from VFS b) Send them via pre-paid courier to your address and keep you posted on the status of delivery via sms. You can choose one

4) Status updates - they will send you periodic status updates via email and sms (if you chose the service) about documents being submitted to high commission, under process and finally been dispatched back. I got the submission email next day (28 Jan, 2015), Under process update on the following day (29 Jan, 2015) and decision made/documents dispatched status on 3 Feb, 2015.

5) Documents received via courier- 4 Feb 2015.

Feel free to ask any details I may have left out.

HTH,
-N.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:47 pm

This query is based on my previous query and answer.
My query was->
2.What is the start date of the job or course?
3.What is the end date of the job or course ?
->As per CoS, I was supposed to start work from 19th Jan, 2015 till 18th Jan, 2018, but I received my BRP on 20th Jan, 2015 and could not start on 19th Jan, 2015 and as I got my BRP later, my employer has given an employment contract starting on 26th Jan, 2015 till 1st Feb, 2018 ( my current VISA expiry date).

Moonlight's reply was->
2 & 3. Put dates from employment contract.

New query->
I have done with Tenancy agreement too and almost ready to apply for dependent visa for my spouse and daughter.

Moonlight,
Hopefully, this will be the last query to you. :) thanks for answering all my previous queries.
As you mentioned - put the start and end date as per employment contract. I have entered the same.
Now, I am asking my employer to give a letter for maintenance of dependent.
As dates are different from CoS date, along with this letter, Do I need to ask my employer to give a letter stating that starting date is changed in the employment contract from 19th to 20th Jan as he received the BRP on 19th Jan only and changed the end date till visa expiry date ? Kindly reply.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:39 pm

I don't think its required for your dependent's application.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:33 pm

Thanks moonlight for confirming it.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:51 pm

Regarding dependent, Do I need to get two separate letters from my current employer that will mention £630 for first month's accommodation for daughter and wife ? or one letter showing £1260 as maintenance is fine ? Question has come to my mind becox we need to submit separate application for both.

Below is the excerpts from the letter - From HR (I).
I hereby write to confirm the undertaking that <Company Name> is willing to maintain and accommodate wife of Mr Main Applicant (the dependent’s name mentioned below) during their first month in the UK should this become necessary. This should cover the maintenance requirement of £630 for his wife.
In another letter, change wife to daughter. Is that fine ? Guru, Kindly response..

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:50 pm

One letter is fine.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:03 pm

Appreciate your help moonlight.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi moonlight, manci, other expert,

I am really in a dilemma about mentioning my start date and end date of my job in dependent VISA application.
As per our previous discussion, you told no need to get a letter from employer. Recently I talked to customer support of UKVI, they told as dates are not matching with your CoS date, you request your employer to give a letter on the same.

Based on this, I requested my employer to write a letter and they have issued a letter as below as they are hesitant about it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be informed that Main Applicant is contractually employed by our organisation
on a ‘fixed term contract’ as follows:

Commencement date of employment, 20th January 2015
End date of employment, 31st January 2018
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They have used the word contract, which might contradict the rule of Tier 2(G). I am really worried whether to submit the letter or not. If submitted, need to request my employer to do the change by removing contract word. If not submitted, will dependent visa get rejected ? Sorry to repeat the question again as it came after discussing with UKVI customer support team.

Moonlight, manci, other expert, Please advice on this. I am really confused and hesitating to submit the visa application on behalf of my wife and daughter due to this confusion. Your advice will really helpful to me.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:14 am

Thanks to all the expert, specially moonlight who answered all my silly queries.
Finally, my wife and daughter dependent visa is approved and we got the passport yesterday. Excited to be with my family soon. :)
If anyone needs any info regarding dependent visa (out-of-country), please feel free to ask.

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:00 pm

ravisb_2014 wrote:Thanks to all the expert, specially moonlight who answered all my silly queries.
Finally, my wife and daughter dependent visa is approved and we got the passport yesterday. Excited to be with my family soon. :)
If anyone needs any info regarding dependent visa (out-of-country), please feel free to ask.

@Ravish_2014
Thats really a Great news, congrats , stay happy :-)

yousaf khan
Newly Registered

Re: Need to apply for Tier 2 dependent VISA for wife

Post by yousaf khan » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:51 am

Hi

Can any one help me with regards to my wife tier 2 dependent visa.
I am wondering about how many pay slips of mine should i submit with the application of my wife.
If any one can help please ...?

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:51 pm

I have not submitted any of my payslip for my partner and child dependent visa.
If your sponsor is giving a letter mentioning about maintenance of your dependent, then you don't need to show your bank statement.
If not, then you submit your bank statement.
In this case, someone people submits payslips, but it's not mandatory.
In your case, if you are showing bank statement for 3 months or more, then submit payslips for that many number of months.
Hope that helps.

yousaf khan
Newly Registered

Post by yousaf khan » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:42 pm

Thank you for you post.
Actually I just joined a new company 4 months ago . I have only 4 payslips. before that i was jobless. So i was wondering that if the requirement is 6 month salary slips then how can i provide 2 more salary slips.

with regards to maintenance in my opinion I have to maintain the account . My tier 2 company can not do the maintenance for my partner. Its my opinion, may be i am wrong.

Well thank you very much for you post. Thank you indeed.

yousaf khan
Newly Registered

Post by yousaf khan » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:20 pm

NeelP wrote:Hi,

I recently applied for and received my wife and 5 month old son's visas. Posting here so it may be useful to someone in the similar situation. Note that my wife was in the UK as T2ICT dependent and traveled to India for delivery of our child and her leave to remain expired during the timeframe, not sure if it has any bearing on the application.

I applied through visa4uk website, the process is a long but easy and requires you to have all the information at hand, make sure you choose appropriate provider of maintenance funds (Main applicant's funds in this case)

1) Documents - I followed tier2_applicant's excellent guide (http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 60571.html) with 1 set each for my wife and my son's application.
[*]Application forms (my wife signed on behalf of my son)
[*]Passports
[*]Photograph (as per guidance on the site) 2 each
[*]copy of my passport
[*]copy of my BRP
[*]employment reference letter from employer
[*]Marriage certificate (for wife)
[*]Birth certificate (child)
[*]Salary slips for previous 6 months (original/stamped by the employer)
[*]Bank statements for previous 6 months (either original or verified/stamped by the bank in case of e-statements)
[*]Tenancy agreement (This is good to have but not mandatory as per my understanding)
[*] UK pre-departure Tuberculosis detection medical certificate (This is now regulated and only done at list of "approved" hospitals by UKVI - list available on their website)

2) Appointment - Paid the fees and booked the appointment via visa4uk website. It gives you an option to choose your preferred VFS location and I found that plenty of slots are available even as close as 3 days from submission of the application. Remember to book the same appointment date and time for your wife and child(ren).

[*] Appointment date: 27 Jan, 2015

3) On day of appointment - They will take your dependent's biometric details and your child's photograph (children below certain age are not required to give biometric) - and take your documents. They are not authorized to make any comments about your documentation so do not ask any questions on that. They will give you an option to either a) collect your documents in person from VFS b) Send them via pre-paid courier to your address and keep you posted on the status of delivery via sms. You can choose one

4) Status updates - they will send you periodic status updates via email and sms (if you chose the service) about documents being submitted to high commission, under process and finally been dispatched back. I got the submission email next day (28 Jan, 2015), Under process update on the following day (29 Jan, 2015) and decision made/documents dispatched status on 3 Feb, 2015.

5) Documents received via courier- 4 Feb 2015.

Feel free to ask any details I may have left out.

HTH,
-N.
Hi ... Tahnk you for your post .. I have one question ... Can i submit 3 pay slip with the case ...?

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:48 pm

T2 Guideline doesn't say that you need to submit certain number of payslip. I was also jobless for more than 3 months and started after you only from Jan, 2015 and successfully got approval for dependent visa (applied after 2 months of job without submitting my bank account and payslips, but my wife has submitted her bank statement).
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf

Your employer will always have money in their account. They just need to state that they are going to maintain £630 (might increase after 6th april) for 1 month if require. Below is the format for the same. You can remove the Tier 2 General Child portion as it's not applicable for you. Hope that helps. Cheers.

Date:

Dear Sir/madam,

Mr <Main Applicant> is employed by our organisation <Company_Name> as a <Designation> on Tier 2 general visa which we have sponsored.

His wife <Dependent 1> and daughter <Dependent 2> are in the process of applying for their Tier 2 Gerneral visa – General Partner and Tier 2 General Visa – General Child from India respectively.

I hereby write to confirm the undertaking that <Company_Name> is willing to maintain and accommodate wife and daughter of Mr <Main Applicant> (the dependent’s name mentioned below) during their first month in the UK should this become necessary. This should cover the maintenance requirement of £1260 (£630 + £630) for his dependent (wife and daughter).

Please find below the details of the main applicant and his dependent:

Main applicant:
Family Name:
Given Names:
Date of Birth:
Passport No:
Current Visa: Tier 2 (General)
BRP No:
COS No:
Designation:
UK Address:

Dependent 1:
Family name:
Relationship:
Date of Birth:
Passport No:
Address in India:

Dependent 2:
Family Name:
Given Names:
Relationship:
Date of Birth:
Passport No.
Address in India:

If you need further clarification on any of the please do not hesitate to call the number above.

Yours faithfully,

HR Name
Designation

sagaribuser
Newly Registered

Post by sagaribuser » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:16 pm

Hi Ravisb_2014,

hope you got your dependent's visa or do you face any problem?

was rental agreement really needed?

Thanks

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:11 pm

Yes, my dependents got VISA without any problem.
Rental Agreement is not mandatory as not specified in the guidelines, but good to have when applying for Dependent visa of Children.
Hope that helps.

sagaribuser
Newly Registered

Post by sagaribuser » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:46 pm

Thanks Ravisb_2014,

I have rental agreement in normal format given by my landlord as i was living in shared accommodation. my wife will take print out of agreement's scanned copies. hope this will be fine.

Thanks