ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT ADVICE PLEASE - Additional documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hellonewhere

URGENT ADVICE PLEASE - Additional documents

Post by hellonewhere » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:20 am

Dear all,

I applied for BC on June 2014.

I received the usual 6-12 months delay letter in Jan 15.

I contacted my MP who wrote to the home office and on the first week of March 15, I received a letter of apology and a phone call from the home office stating that I will be getting a letter from them in the next two weeks.

I received a letter from the caseworker requesting additional documents to prove residence from 01/07/2009 to 21/02/2012.

The caseworker has asked for my passport and or travel documents and in absence of which I should send payslips, P60s or school letter with attendance.

A little bit of background;

1) I received my ILR in June 2011 on 10 year long residency basis
2) I applied for BC in June 2014 as I had a conviction and was waiting for the three years qualifying period
3) My passport with my ILR was stolen in June 2012 ( on the bus, sad I know)
4) I applied for a new passport which is blank and this was sent to the home office along with the police report for the stolen passport with my BC application.
5) I didn't apply for a replacement ILR as the cost was too much

Now my problem is;

1) the school I was at has closed down so I have no means of receiving any confirmation from them re confirmation of attendance. I was at the school until June 2011. The school closed down in September 2011

2) I worked for three months from August 2011 to November 2011. This was an unpaid position. I have email confirmation of interview and start date etc. but no payslip

3) My next job was on 05/04/2012

My question is this;

1) I have the school letter of enrolment from 2009-2010 as well as qualifications achieved so that ought to be sufficient?
2) Although I don't have a letter of enrolment and attendance for 2010-2011, I have my student ID card issued from the school which covers the whole year and course. I also have the CAS confirmation of the course - is this sufficient?
3) is it enough to send the job interview email and confirmation of start date?

The caseworker has asked for all original documents. My problem is some of my documents aren't original but copies of the original so I don't know what to do.

The caseworker also stated on the letter that my application will be automatically refused if I don't supply the documents by 17/04/2014.

I have put together all my documents from 2009-2012 and I have 3 folders full!. I am thinking to send them all to him :P

I would appreciate some insight on this issue. As you can all imagine how dreadful the wait is.

Many thanks for all your valuable opinions
A

johnnymotel
Newly Registered

Re: URGENT ADVICE PLEASE - Additional documents

Post by johnnymotel » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:33 pm

Ha, my partner had a similar letter, asking for original documents to show how she supported herself. Between 2004 and 2010!! Bank statements, P60, payslips, tax returns.
The bank account in question is now closed and she doesn't have any 'original' bank statements from that period.
My guess is they have several thousand 'on holds' from last year and they are desperately looking for ways to refuse.
For example, those years they ask, was when she was overstaying, they know she overstayed, they have her original statement made to obtain her Leave to Enter visa, where she says she was in the UK for all those years.
So why not just refuse on that one transgression?
My guess is that those caught up around the rule changes, require a more robust refusal. In future, any overstayers will simply not apply for BC.

hellonewhere

Re: URGENT ADVICE PLEASE - Additional documents

Post by hellonewhere » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:10 pm

Hi Johnny, thanks for posting your experience.

I thought the same thing as you to be honest. I was thinking why are they asking me for documents for 2009-2011 when during those years a) I applied for a visa in 2009 & 2010 and b) I applied for ILR in 2011. I was thinking they would have a record of all those documents :roll:

I have all my bank statements from 2001 onwards and credit funds transfers ( my parents supported me during my studies ); and whatever statements am missing, I can request at the bank - but there's a £5.00 charge for each historical statement!.

I have since become a member of the body I studied for and asked them to send me all the records they hold for me; which thankfully they have so I have the records from 2001 to 2015.

As I mentioned in my OP, I collated all my documents ( bank statements, credit cards statements, exam invoices, exam results, school letters, dentist appointments, hospital appointments, council tax payments, home office letters, money transfers from my parents, NI interview letters, BT bills, invoices for school fees & bank payments confirmations etc. ), and I have three folders!. My husband is a bit of a hoarder and we have thousand and thousand of useless documents beginning from 2001! :oops:

All the documents are original except I don't have a letter for my job interview, I have an email confirmation and email of job offer so I am going to send the print out. I also don't have the letter of attendance for 2010-2011 but I have my ID card which has the course year start date and ending date on it with my picture scanned on it as well as the name of the course.

I will just take a chance and post all of the folders to the caseworker and hope for the best. If anything else is missing, they will just have to ask me. I have already waited for so long so it doesn't matter now.

I wish you all the best. Hope your partner's application turns out positive.