ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa free travel for Residence Card holder Case refer to ECJ

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alazani28

Re: Visa free travel for Residence Card holder Case refer to

Post by alazani28 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:25 pm

tebee wrote:
rosebead wrote:This bit in the Home Office guidance worries me though in relation to Surinder Singhers:
However, in order to be admitted to the UK you will need to demonstrate that you have a right of admission under EU law. Without evidence that you have a right of admission, you will not be allowed to enter to the UK on the basis of your residence card.
I sort of wonder about that - does't EU law, reinforced by McCarthy , say that the residence card should be accepted as evidence of that right? These things can be hard to prove at the border yet here they are asking for extra proof. I wonder how long it will be to the next legal challenge to UK .

I'm still planing to come to the UK on Wednesday.
Good Luck and hope it goes well, but remember to take with you marriage cerificate and also profe of exercising treaty rights e.g. tenency agreement, work contract etc.
Hope it goes well and please update on that.
:)

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:44 pm

tebee wrote:I sort of wonder about that - does't EU law, reinforced by McCarthy , say that the residence card should be accepted as evidence of that right? These things can be hard to prove at the border yet here they are asking for extra proof. I wonder how long it will be to the next legal challenge to UK .

I'm still planing to come to the UK on Wednesday.
As we all know, UK makes up its own laws. If they are abiding by McCarthy, then there ought to be no examination at the border of family members of British citizens with host country residence cards. I guess you will find out on Wednesday if the UK are honouring McCarthy the way it should be. Good luck.

martiner99
Newly Registered

Post by martiner99 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:54 pm

I was waiting for this news for quite some time with my wife, however after I have read everything, I guess we are still stuck. I am a Slovak national, and my wife has Residence Card issued by Slovakia. It is the exact same format as from some other EU countries, from what I saw on internet.

It seems as though, she still needs to get EEA Family Permit, am I right? As I am Slovak national and the Residence Card has been issued by my home country. Another thing is, it is not marked as - "Family Member of EU Citizen". I am not that worried about entering UK, as we both work here and can prove it when we travel next month, we will have Marriage Certificate with us and payslips.

Do you think airlines will still make a fuss? Or they will see Residence Card from Slovakia and be fine with that? I wish it was easier, maybe one day :-)

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:58 pm

martiner99 wrote:I was waiting for this news for quite some time with my wife, however after I have read everything, I guess we are still stuck. I am a Slovak national, and my wife has Residence Card issued by Slovakia. It is the exact same format as from some other EU countries, from what I saw on internet.

It seems as though, she still needs to get EEA Family Permit, am I right? As I am Slovak national and the Residence Card has been issued by my home country. Another thing is, it is not marked as - "Family Member of EU Citizen". I am not that worried about entering UK, as we both work here and can prove it when we travel next month, we will have Marriage Certificate with us and payslips.

Do you think airlines will still make a fuss? Or they will see Residence Card from Slovakia and be fine with that? I wish it was easier, maybe one day :-)
I'm afraid domestic residence permits are not valid for EU travel. Only EEA residence cards, obtained by exercising Treaty rights in another EU country that is not your own or obtained by returning home after exercising Treat rights, can be used for visa-free travel in the EU

You can however obtain a EEA Family Permit free of charge and within a few weeks.
Last edited by rosebead on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

rastaripples
Newly Registered

Post by rastaripples » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:15 pm

Hi all,

My question pertains to the Uk Government's issued advice on entering the country with a residence card:(which is quiet confusing at present)

Article 10 residence card
An Article 10 residence card is a document which is issued under EU law (‘the Free Movement Directive’) by EEA Member States to non-EEA family members of EEA nationals who are exercising free movement rights in another Member State than that of their nationality. For example, the non-EEA spouse of a French national who is living and working in Italy may be issued with an Article 10 residence card by the Italian authorities.

An Article 10 residence card should feature the wording “Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”.

Documents issued on any other basis, for example (biometric) residence permits issued under the national law of another Member State are not acceptable and do not exempt the holder from the requirement to obtain an EEA family permit.

For example, a non-EEA spouse of a German national living in Germany will usually hold a residence permit issued under German domestic law. Therefore, a United Kingdom EEA family permit is required for travel and entry to the

Now, i am a spouse of a Czech Republic National and my residence card issued by the czech republic states " POBYTOVA KARTA RODINNEHO PRISLUSNIKA OBCANA EVROPSKE UNIE" - which translates as RESIDENCE CARD OF FAMILY MEMBER OF A EUROPEAN UNION CITIZEN. Does this mean im subject to applying for a family permit to visit the uk or since it states its an article 10 residence permit, its fine for me to travel without a EEA FAMILY PERMIT even though its a domestic RESIDENCE PERMIT?

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:01 pm

^ If your permit was obtained under domestic law, and not because your husband had worked in another EU country and then returned home with you and applied for a permit, then unfortunately it is not valid for EU travel. You must obtain an EEA Family Permit.
Last edited by rosebead on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

rastaripples
Newly Registered

Post by rastaripples » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:15 pm

[quote="rosebead"]^ If your permit was obtained under domestic law, and not because your husband had worked in another EU country and then returned home with you, then unfortunately it is not valid for EU travel. You must obtain an EEA Family Permit.[/q
HI, CAN YOU CLARIFY,
I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU SAY ITS NOT FOR E.U TRAVEL WHEN THE DOCUMENT STATES "RESIDENCE CARD OF A FAMILY MEMBER OF A EUROPEAN UNION CITIZEN". IT CURRENTLY ALLOWS ME TO TRAVEL THROUGH ALL THE SCHENGEN STATES WITH NO RESTRICTION.
http://prado.consilium.europa.eu/en/788 ... 09423.html

THANKS

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:33 pm

^ Did your husband work abroad in another EU country and did you live with him there? Did you then return home and apply for a residence permit? Or were you granted a residence permit on the basis of being the primary carer of a Czech child? If not, then it is unlikely that you have an Article 10 Residence card that is valid for EU travel unless it was issued by mistake.

rastaripples
Newly Registered

Post by rastaripples » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:52 pm

rosebead wrote:Did your husband work abroad in another EU country? Did you live with him in the EU country? Did you then return and apply for a residence permit?
thanks for your reply,
yes my wife did exercise her treaty rights in the united kingdom in 2009-2011 as a worker and has visited the country often since then,that was before we got married.we got married last year in a non-eu country and i moved to the czech republic and applied for a residence permit based on my marriage. i was give my residence card which states "RESIDENCE CARD OF FAMILY MEMBER OF A EUROPEAN UNION CITIZEN" in essence a an "article 10 residence card".
I do not know if its the same in other E.U/SCHENGEN states but i presume a residence bearing the information ""RESIDENCE CARD OF FAMILY MEMBER OF A EUROPEAN UNION CITIZEN" differs from the example "martiner99 " gave about his spouse's Slovakian RC which did not bear-"Family Member of EU Citizen"

tebee
United Kingdom

Post by tebee » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:55 pm

According to the UK government's interpretation in the guidelines you should apply for a family permit first - I actually think this is incorrect in your case as if your spouse enters the UK to look for work they would be exercising treaty rights and you would have an absolute right to join them.

But the UK seems intent of interpreting court findings against it in the narrowest possible fashion, presumably leading to more court cases down the line.

I'm not sure how exactly the border control officer is supposed to work out whether a card has been issued under section 10 or not at the point someone arrives at the border though.
“I speak the truth not so much as I would, but as much as I dare: and I dare a little more as I grow older.

tebee
United Kingdom

Post by tebee » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:12 am

alazani28 wrote:
tebee wrote:If your wife has a German residence card I thought this was already recognized under the 2014 amendments as a valid visa?

I must admit I'm not sure how they apply this to returning British citizens using the Surinder Singh ruling, but surly the whole point of that ruling was that you couldn't discriminate against British citizens exerting the EU rights over other EU nationalities exercising the same rights.
I thought the same thing but not had any concrete or official guidance yet.
So please we are kinda relying on your experience once you do travel, for it to go well with no problems and to let us know the feedback.

Thanks once again
I've been doing a bit more reading and have found in this https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sponse.pdf
10.It should be noted that this judgment does not affect the rights of family members of
British citizens who have exercised Treaty rights in another EEA member state under
the ‘Surinder Singh’ judgment. Such persons should continue to be considered under
regulation 9 of the EEA Regulations.
Which I was a little worried about , but on refection I think it's referring to http://www.eearegulations.co.uk/Archive/V20150406 which says
Family members of British citizens

9. (1) If the conditions in paragraph (2) are satisfied, these Regulations apply to a person who is the family member of a British citizen as if the British citizen (“P”) were an EEA national.

(2) The conditions are that—

(a)P is residing in an EEA State as a worker or self-employed person or was so residing before returning to the United Kingdom;
(b)if the family member of P is P’s spouse or civil partner, the parties are living together in the EEA State or had entered into the marriage or civil partnership and were living together in the EEA State before the British citizen returned to the United Kingdom; and
(c)the centre of P’s life has transferred to the EEA State where P resided as a worker or self-employed person.
(3) Factors relevant to whether the centre of P’s life has transferred to another EEA State include—

(a)the period of residence in the EEA State as a worker or self-employed person;
(b)the location of P’s principal residence;
(c)the degree of integration of P in the EEA State.
(4) Where these Regulations apply to the family member of P, P is to be treated as holding a valid passport issued by an EEA State for the purpose of the application of regulation 13 to that family member.
I suspect regulation 13 mentioned there is really regulation 11 as it seems to make no sense to try to apply it to regulation 13 which is talking about Initial right of residence for an EEA national

In which case the relevant bits are -
Right of admission to the United Kingdom

(2) A person who is not an EEA national must be admitted to the United Kingdom if he is—

(a)a family member of an EEA national and produces on arrival a valid passport and a qualifying EEA State residence card, provided the conditions in regulation 19(2)(a) (non-EEA family member to be accompanying or joining EEA national in the United Kingdom) and (b) (EEA national must have a right to reside in the United Kingdom under these Regulations) are met; or

(b)a family member of an EEA national, a family member who has retained the right of residence, a person who meets the criteria in paragraph (5) or a person with a permanent right of residence under regulation 15 and produces on arrival—

(i)a valid passport; and

(ii)an EEA family permit, a residence card, a derivative residence card or a permanent residence card.

“I speak the truth not so much as I would, but as much as I dare: and I dare a little more as I grow older.

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:23 am

rastaripples wrote:
rosebead wrote:Did your husband work abroad in another EU country? Did you live with him in the EU country? Did you then return and apply for a residence permit?
thanks for your reply,
yes my wife did exercise her treaty rights in the united kingdom in 2009-2011 as a worker and has visited the country often since then,that was before we got married.we got married last year in a non-eu country and i moved to the czech republic and applied for a residence permit based on my marriage. i was give my residence card which states "RESIDENCE CARD OF FAMILY MEMBER OF A EUROPEAN UNION CITIZEN" in essence a an "article 10 residence card".
I do not know if its the same in other E.U/SCHENGEN states but i presume a residence bearing the information ""RESIDENCE CARD OF FAMILY MEMBER OF A EUROPEAN UNION CITIZEN" differs from the example "martiner99 " gave about his spouse's Slovakian RC which did not bear-"Family Member of EU Citizen"
Sorry, I thought that she was a he for some reason. Did you ever live together in the UK during the time your wife was in the UK? If not, I am not sure how you could possibly have an Article 10 residence card. Either the Czech government issued it by mistake or they are very generous in their interpretation of ECJ Surinder Singh case law! Usually to activate EU law and obtain an Article 10 residence card, there must be movement involved of the EEA citizen to another EEA country that is not her own and her family member must live with her in that host country at some point.

rastaripples
Newly Registered

Post by rastaripples » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:32 am

rosebead wrote:^ If your permit was obtained under domestic law, and not because your husband had worked in another EU country and then returned home with you, then unfortunately it is not valid for EU travel. You must obtain an EEA Family Permit.
I DID LIVE IN THE U.K THE SAME TIME SHE WAS RESIDENT IN THE UK, SHE LEFT THE UK IN 2011 BACK TO THE CZECH REPUBLIC UNMARRIED. WE GOT MARRIED IN 2014 IN A NON-EU COUNTRY AS MENTIONED BEFORE.
AS IT STANDS THAT IS THE RESIDENCE DOCUMENT THAT I HAVE.

NEED FURTHER CLARIFICATION PLEASE:
Still does not answer my question-
"An Article 10 residence card should feature the wording “Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”

My residence card issued to me in the czech republic via my czech spouse-bears the following " POBYTOVA KARTA RODINNEHO PRISLUSNIKA OBCANA EVROPSKE UNIE" - which translates as "RESIDENCE CARD OF FAMILY MEMBER OF A EUROPEAN UNION CITIZEN"

IMAGES BELOW
http://prado.consilium.europa.eu/en/788 ... 09422.html

CAN I VISIT THE U.K ON THIS RESIDENCE CARD WITH MY WIFE ACCOMPANYING ME

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:52 am

You did not make it clear that you lived in the UK with your wife. In that case it seems that the Czech government could have indeed awarded you an Article 10 residence card on the basis of Surinder Singh case law. It does not matter that you were not married when you were living in the UK with your wife, because it is possible for unmarried partners to obtain EEA residence cards under Surinder Singh case law if Member States decide to be generous, which they are allowed to be under EU law. I cannot tell you whether your card is in fact an EEA residence card because each EEA country has their own format for the card. It is unfortunately not standardised across the EU. You will have to check with Czech immigration.

tebee
United Kingdom

Post by tebee » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:54 am

So your wife has exercised her EU rights in another country, then married you in a non-EU country and presumably used Surinder Singh to get your residence card ? It is then a card issued under article 10 !

In theory then you should be able to use it, though this is not a possibility that has been thought of when they drafted the rules as it states
3. The judgment applies only to residence cards issued under Article 10 of the Directive
and does not apply to residence documents issued under domestic law. (So, for
example, the judgment applies to a residence card issued by the Spanish authorities to
the non-EEA national family member of a French worker in Spain, but not to a
residence document issued under French domestic law to that family member whilst
living in France).

The problem will be proving to the border force official that it is an Article 10 card - I wonder if that wording is sufficient ?

tebee
United Kingdom

Post by tebee » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:58 am

It might be sufficient - in the guidelines https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... dence-card it says
An Article 10 residence card should feature the wording “Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”.

rastaripples
Newly Registered

Post by rastaripples » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:17 am

rosebead wrote:You did not make it clear that you lived in the UK with your wife. In that case it seems that the Czech government could have indeed awarded you an Article 10 residence card on the basis of Surinder Singh case law. It does not matter that you were not married when you were living in the UK with your wife, because it is possible for unmarried partners to obtain EEA residence cards under Surinder Singh case law if Member States decide to be generous, which they are allowed to be under EU law. I cannot tell you whether your card is in fact an EEA residence card because each EEA country has their own format for the card. It is unfortunately not standardised across the EU. You will have to check with Czech immigration.
THESE ARE THE IMAGES OF THE EXACT RESIDENCE CARD I HOLD, COURTESY OF "PRADO"- (COUNSEL OF THE EUROPEAN UNION)
.PUBLIC REGISTER OF AUTHENTIC TRAVEL AND IDENTITY DOCUMENTS
http://prado.consilium.europa.eu/en/788 ... 09422.html

Document: CZE-HO-05002
Title: POBYTOVÁ KARTA RODINNÉHO PŘÍSLUŠNÍKA OBČANA EVROPSKÉ UNIE
Issuing Country: CZE - Czech Republic • ČESKÁ REPUBLIKA •
Document Category: H - Residence document
Document Type: O - Ordinary document
Document Version Number: 05002

First Issued On: 01.01.2013
Valid: yes
Legal Status: Residence card for a family member of a European Union citizen; evidence for a third-country national who is a family member of a citizen of the EU, or of Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein, of the right to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States.
Overall Construction: single booklet
Format Width (mm): 88
Format Height (mm): 125
Number of Pages: 16

Validity
Extension Possible: yes
Validity-Additional Information: given on pages 4 - 8

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:23 am

In that case it looks like your good to go. By the way, you did not apply for a residence card under your wife's country's domestic law (you do not have a domestic permit) but under rights given to you by EU law (you have an EU permit). If you had said that from the beginning it would have made things a lot clearer :).

rastaripples
Newly Registered

Post by rastaripples » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:42 am

tebee wrote:So your wife has exercised her EU rights in another country, then married you in a non-EU country and presumably used Surinder Singh to get your residence card ? It is then a card issued under article 10 !

In theory then you should be able to use it, though this is not a possibility that has been thought of when they drafted the rules as it states
3. The judgment applies only to residence cards issued under Article 10 of the Directive
and does not apply to residence documents issued under domestic law. (So, for
example, the judgment applies to a residence card issued by the Spanish authorities to
the non-EEA national family member of a French worker in Spain, but not to a
residence document issued under French domestic law to that family member whilst
living in France).

The problem will be proving to the border force official that it is an Article 10 card - I wonder if that wording is sufficient ?[/quote

WELL TEBEE I CAN UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM WHEN SAYING "But the UK seems intent of interpreting court findings against it in the narrowest possible fashion, presumably leading to more court cases down the line."
I THOUGHT THE WHOLE ECJ COURT RULING WAS TO UPHOLD THE LAW WHICH STATES-For a visa to be issued on the basis of Directive 2004/38/EC, only the following requirements need to be satisfied:

The visa applicant is a direct “family member” of an EU citizen and has proof (marriage or birth certificate or some combination) of the relationship)
The visa applicant will be travelling with, or joining, the EU citizen for a visit or permanent move to an EU member state. (If they are going to the “home” country of the EU citizen, then there can be a requirement that the EU citizen had previously lived/worked in a different member state)
All travellers require a passport (or a national ID card for the EU citizen)
These are the legal requirements for all of the EU/EEA member states, including all Schengen members, the UK, Ireland, Romania and Bulgaria. They also apply for Switzerland.

If the family member has a “Residence Card for a family member of an EU citizen”, then they do not require a visa.

SO I WONDER HOW THE U.K GOVERMANT GOT THIS FROM?-
An Article 10 residence card is a document which is issued under EU law (‘the Free Movement Directive’) by EEA Member States to non-EEA family members of EEA nationals who are exercising free movement rights in another Member State than that of their nationality,......does article 10 actually say that??????

this is what i know article 10 says:
Article 10
Issue of residence cards
1. The right of residence of family members of a Union citizen who are not nationals of a Member
State shall be evidenced by the issuing of a document called "Residence card of a family member of
a Union citizen" no later than six months from the date on which they submit the application. A
certificate of application for the residence card shall be issued immediately.
2. For the residence card to be issued, Member States shall require presentation of the following
documents:
(a) a valid passport;
(b) a document attesting to the existence of a family relationship or of a registered partnership;
(c) the registration certificate or, in the absence of a registration system, any other proof of
residence in the host Member State of the Union citizen whom they are accompanying or
joining;

rastaripples
Newly Registered

Post by rastaripples » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:09 am

I WOULD LIKE TO PUT THIS QUESTION OUT TO THE MODERATORS AND CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS FORUM:

DO DOMESTIC RESIDENCE CARDS ISSUED BY EEA MEMBER STATES(THOSE THAT ARE BOUND BY THE SCHENGEN TREATY) TO NON-EU OR THIRD COUNTRY NATIONALS CURRENTLY HAVE ""RESIDENCE CARD OF FAMILY MEMBER OF A EUROPEAN UNION CITIZEN" PLACED IN THEM?????????
REASON FOR QUESTION-to facilitate hassle free movement through the schengen community ;should third country nationals be subjected to immigration control. Should'nt their residence document indicate how they exercise their "TREATY RIGHTS"?????????
Persons enjoying the Schengen Community right of free movement:
members of the family of EU and EEA citizens who are nationals of a third country: passport. They may also be required to have an entry visa, if they are nationals of a third country subject to the visa obligation, unless they are in possession of a valid residence permit or card, issued by a Member State (or by EEA countries);

rastaripples
Newly Registered

Post by rastaripples » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:19 am

rosebead wrote:In that case it looks like your good to go. By the way, you did not apply for a residence card under your wife's country's domestic law (you do not have a domestic permit) but under rights given to you by EU law (you have an EU permit). If you had said that from the beginning it would have made things a lot clearer :).
THANKS EVER SO MUCH FOR YOUR CORRESPONDENCE.GREATLY APPRECIATED.

DID NOT HAVE A SCOOBY AS TO WHAT RESIDENCE DOCUMENT I WAS GOING TO BE GIVEN, BUT I GUESS BASED ON THE INTERVIEW PROCESS AND ACCESSING OUR RELATIONSHIP BACKGROUND, I WAS ISSUED THAT TYPE OF RESIDENCE CARD. I SINCERELY THOUGHT IT WAS JUST STANDARD ISSUE.
MANY THANKS

bataga
Newly Registered

Post by bataga » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:42 am

Hello,

I'd like to double check with you if you agree with me that my husband (and I) may now visit UK without EEA FP.
I'm Polish, he's Moroccan, we live in Belgium. His residence permit is F Card = Residence card for a family member of a European Union citizen; evidence for a third-country national who is a family member of a citizen of the EU, or of Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein, of the right to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States.

http://prado.consilium.europa.eu/en/5184/docHome.html

In my opinion, it's an "OK" document to go however I wonder if we should take with us our marriage certificate just to make sure that I'm his wife (as I kept my maiden name).

Thank you in advance.

alazani28

Post by alazani28 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:46 am

bataga wrote:Hello,

I'd like to double check with you if you agree with me that my husband (and I) may now visit UK without EEA FP.
I'm Polish, he's Moroccan, we live in Belgium. His residence permit is F Card = Residence card for a family member of a European Union citizen; evidence for a third-country national who is a family member of a citizen of the EU, or of Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein, of the right to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States.

http://prado.consilium.europa.eu/en/5184/docHome.html

In my opinion, it's an "OK" document to go however I wonder if we should take with us our marriage certificate just to make sure that I'm his wife (as I kept my maiden name).

Thank you in advance.
Yes it will be fine as the new legislation was implemented on 6th April 2015, therefore you and your husband can travel free of visa to UK, but make sure to take your marriage certificate with you for your convenience and it should be fine keeping your maiden name.

Good luck

twhyonline
Newly Registered

Post by twhyonline » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:58 am

Something yall need to know some European Countries follow the free movement directives(EU Law)when issuing Family Residence Card to Non-EU Nationals Married to both Nationals Of that Country and Family member of Nationals Of Other EU Member States i.e Spain
The Wordings at the back of the Card reads the Same (Family Member of European Citizen) The point here is once your card is been issued Under Such Directive Article. 10 or Article 20 you are visa exempted to visit the Uk.
you can easily tell when a card is been issued under domestic law it wouldn't bear those wordings it is normally right of residence i.e France ,UK Non -EU Nationals Married to Nationals of these Countries are normally issued with Residence Card Under Domestic Law.
So Forget About the EU Nationals exercising their treaty Right else where before their Family member can be issued a residence card under the free movement directives as some EU countries normally issue such card witout going thru all that , the answer to whether a card is valid or not depends on the directive adapted by the country in which it was issued, like I said earlier,Spain issues same residence card to people married to their nationals and family members of the nationals of other EU Member state (REGIMEN COMUNITARIO)and these is because the have adapted the free movement directive (EU Law) When issuing documents to people married to their nationals and other EU member State Nationals.

rastaripples
Newly Registered

Post by rastaripples » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi Guys,
I WOULD LIKE TO PUT THIS QUESTION OUT TO THE MODERATORS AND CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS FORUM:
COMMENTS NEEDED

DO DOMESTIC RESIDENCE CARDS ISSUED BY EEA MEMBER STATES(THOSE THAT ARE BOUND BY THE SCHENGEN TREATY) TO NON-EU OR THIRD COUNTRY NATIONALS CURRENTLY HAVE ""RESIDENCE CARD OF FAMILY MEMBER OF A EUROPEAN UNION CITIZEN" PLACED IN THEM?????????

CURRENTLY FROM MY UNDERSTANDING SPAIN ISSUES (Regimen Comunitario) .
REF;BY twhyonline(FORUM MEMBER )DATE 16/03/2015
By twhyonline » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:58 am
-The EU family residence card issued in Spain bears the name of the (EU Citizen)in which the right of residence is given in the case of third country nationals like mine, my spouse name/national id number is written at the back of my card,
-I don't know how it works in other EU member states,but the law applied here is that of the EU guidance regarding Spanish nationals their family members/European Nationals their Family members (not national Law).that explains why both the EU Citizen /Their Family /Family members of Spanish National holds the same card (Regimen Comunitario).

CZECH REPUBLIC ALSO ISSUES POBYTOVA KARTA RODINNEHO PRISLUSNIKA OBCANA EVROPSKE UNIE" - which translates as "RESIDENCE CARD OF FAMILY MEMBER OF A EUROPEAN UNION CITIZEN" TO NON EU FAMILY MEMBERS OF THEIR NATIONALS.

ARE THE OTHER EXAMPLES OF THESE SITUATION THROUGH OU THE UNION??????
*KEY POINT- BOTH NON EU FAMILY MEMBERS OF A SPANISH NATIONAL AND THAT OF A NON-EU FAMILY MEMBER OF A EU CITIZEN EXERCISING TREATY RIGHTS IN SPAIN HAVE THE SAME RESIDENCE CARD BEARING "family member of an EU Citizen"
I MIGHT BE GETTING THIS WRONG BUT CAN ANY ONE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS IF THEY HAVE ANY INFO
Last edited by rastaripples on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.