ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation TV Licence Issue

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amritsar singh

Naturalisation TV Licence Issue

Post by Amritsar singh » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:00 pm

Hi everyone I am new on this site I have appointment with ncs next week April I got pr last year first week April 2014 only I worried becouse back in 2008 I went to stay for 3 week to cousin house in Birmingham and one day some one came to door and asked about tv licence and I told him I am not live on this house my cousin know about it but he asked my name about official visited reference so I gave him name . After I lefit that house and went back my house in London .after that last year in sep2014 I was traveling from Leeds airport to Prague for holidays after bordaing lady police officer stop me and said she got arrest warrant about me for non payment tv licence and I told her everything but she said I have to pay or she have to aresst me I paid there 250 pound fine . After holidays I rang tv licence they said we can't do anything now. So I appyed my pnc from acro police department and I got cleared. So now I am applying my nationalty so it's any big problem for that offence . I attech one covering latter with my application about tv licence so plz some one help me I really thanks about that

esmsi

Re: Naturalisation TV Licence Issue

Post by esmsi » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:47 pm

Ask your cousin ,does he receive any letter about this ?

This is strange issue because you do not live there but you are fined.

If you prove that you do not live there ,they may be fined for their illegal work.
Amritsar singh wrote:Hi everyone I am new on this site I have appointment with ncs next week April I got pr last year first week April 2014 only I worried becouse back in 2008 I went to stay for 3 week to cousin house in Birmingham and one day some one came to door and asked about tv licence and I told him I am not live on this house my cousin know about it but he asked my name about official visited reference so I gave him name . After I lefit that house and went back my house in London .after that last year in sep2014 I was traveling from Leeds airport to Prague for holidays after bordaing lady police officer stop me and said she got arrest warrant about me for non payment tv licence and I told her everything but she said I have to pay or she have to aresst me I paid there 250 pound fine . After holidays I rang tv licence they said we can't do anything now. So I appyed my pnc from acro police department and I got cleared. So now I am applying my nationalty so it's any big problem for that offence . I attech one covering latter with my application about tv licence so plz some one help me I really thanks about that

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:27 pm

I am really thanks about your answer he told me he left that house after few weeks so what you think it's really serious matter or they can let me go ?i am Gona attach my Pcc with my application so have any chance to get pass my nationalty ?

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:55 am

esmsi wrote:Ask your cousin ,does he receive any letter about this ?

This is strange issue because you do not live there but you are fined.

If you prove that you do not live there ,they may be fined for their illegal work.
Nothing strange about this, these TV license inspector are nothing but goons. they are not employed by TV licensing but are contracted out to firms like capita and such. The more payments they get for TVL, more commission they make.

NEVER ever give your name to these goons. You don't even have to answer to their questions unless they have a warrant for searching your property for TV use. I know so many people in similar situation who give their name on the door to these goons and next thing they know is that they are being harassed by TVL for payment.

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:11 am

Oh thanks really much so what you think about my chance to get nationalty ?plz let me know about my situation I am wait your answer as soon as possible ?