ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Britis Citizen - Dependant Wife Status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ricky123
Newly Registered

Britis Citizen - Dependant Wife Status

Post by ricky123 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:54 pm

I cant find a suitable forum so posting my query here. If this is not a correct forum then can someone please point me to the right one. My spouse came to UK on dependent visa when I was on ILR now I have recently been naturalised. Does this affects my wife's visa status? Do I need to get her visa status change since I am now a British citizen. My wife has still 2 years remaining on her visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Britis Citizen - Dependant Wife Status

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:26 pm

It is the same visa category : Spouse of person settled (ILR) / British Citizen. No change needed.

What are her visa start and end dates? When did she enter the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ricky123
Newly Registered

Post by ricky123 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:34 pm

Many thanks for your prompt response. My wife came in on 3 years dependent Visa in start of June 2014 and have her visa valid till May 2017.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:02 pm

If she came to the UK on a spouse of ILR holder visa then it should be vaild for 33 months, not 3 years. What was the issue/start date of her visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.