ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

University fees for UK/EU student and overseas.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SAA

University fees for UK/EU student and overseas.

Post by SAA » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:46 pm

Hello everyone!

I am confused whether I will be able to study for a UK/EU fee in 3 years after I get my spouse visa or in 3 years after I get ILR (so in total it will be 5 years).
My spouse is EU resident in the UK.

If anybody could help me, I would appreciate it.
Thank you.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:51 pm

Think the general rule is you must have been on a settlement visa for three years when ur course starts.

Some are flexible tho - since they are profit centres and will take any money rather than none!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

PASS

Post by PASS » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:36 am

The criterion is, 3 full years stay in the UK and settled at the time of starting your course.

Any stay by the way of student visa does not count as your stay. In other words, if you stayed here for 3 years under student visa, you need to wait another 3 years to be eligible for home fee.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:28 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aboudi

Post by aboudi » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:07 pm

No need to be settled at the start of your course check the UKCOSA website,
you just need to have been resident in the EEA (including the UK) for three years before the start of your course as a non student and be the family member of an EU national at the START of your course and not necessarily the whole three years. I speak of experience as well as knowledge as in the last year i have spent 1 year on a work permit then 2 years on a EEA family permit all in the uk and now i am doing my MBA paying "home fees" i do not have settled status yet... hope this helps:

http://www.ukcosa.org.uk/files/pdf/info ... s_ewni.pdf

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:12 pm

PASS wrote:The criterion is, 3 full years stay in the UK and settled at the time of starting your course.

Any stay by the way of student visa does not count as your stay. In other words, if you stayed here for 3 years under student visa, you need to wait another 3 years to be eligible for home fee.
Many distance learning courses - eg Open University and University of London External - are not subject to this rule.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:26 pm

JAJ wrote:
PASS wrote:The criterion is, 3 full years stay in the UK and settled at the time of starting your course.

Many distance learning courses - eg Open University and University of London External - are not subject to this rule.
But then there'd be no reason for the student to be in the UK!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:49 pm

Wanderer wrote: But then there'd be no reason for the student to be in the UK!
Not clear what point you're trying to make. This isn't about student visas, but rather education options for new residents of the U.K.