ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Problem with U Cos

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

snoopyPOO
Newly Registered
India

Problem with U Cos

Post by snoopyPOO » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:15 pm

Hello Manci/ anyone with accurate information,

Ive been assigned an U-CoS by my sponsor. However I have just realised that the job code assigned to me is incorrect. I understand that this therefore means that in order to change the U-CoS details, the current one has to be cancells, and then re-assigned.

My questions are:

1. Once an existing, unused U-CoS is withdrawn, is it still available to the sponsor to use to create and assign? I.E is it still available in their "allocation"?

2. The gross salary requirements to be stated in the CoS should be "The gross salary figure quoted here must be the actual
gross salary package that will be paid to the migrant, including all allowances and guaranteed bonuses. All allowances and guaranteed bonuses included in that figure should then be broken down and detailed in the ‘gross allowances’ box." (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11_14.pdf).

Is it the total gorss salary, or the allowance deducted salary that is looked at when assessing against the Codes of Practice? (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_V0_6.pdf).

Any information on the above would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
SB

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Problem with U Cos

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:42 pm

Please dont open multple posts tagged onto other peoples posts.
snoopyPOO wrote:
Hello anyone with accurate information,

(Apologies for the repeated request, I have already posted this query up elsewhere, gbut am hoping to get a response soon)

Ive been assigned an U-CoS by my sponsor. However I have just realised that the job code assigned to me is incorrect. I understand that this therefore means that in order to change the U-CoS details, the current one has to be cancells, and then re-assigned.

My questions are:

1. Once an existing, unused U-CoS is cancells, is it still available to the sponsor to use to create and assign? I.E is it still available in their "allocation"?

2. The gross salary requirements to be stated in the CoS should be "The gross salary figure quoted here must be the actual
gross salary package that will be paid to the migrant, including all allowances and guaranteed bonuses. All allowances and guaranteed bonuses included in that figure should then be broken down and detailed in the ‘gross allowances’ box." (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11_14.pdf).

Is it the total gorss salary, or the allowance deducted salary that is looked at when assessing against the Codes of Practice? (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_V0_6.pdf).

Thanks,
SB
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

snoopyPOO
Newly Registered
India

Post by snoopyPOO » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:45 pm

Please dont open multple posts tagged onto other peoples posts.

Hi CR001,

Apologies for this. I havent really used this site a lot. My mistake.

However I am looking for information so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks again
SB

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:48 pm

snoopyPOO wrote:Hello Manci/ anyone with accurate information,

My questions are:

1. Once an existing, unused U-CoS is withdrawn, is it still available to the sponsor to use to create and assign? I.E is it still available in their "allocation"?
not after it has been assigned, see para 23.28 in the sponsor guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf

2. Is it the total gorss salary, or the allowance deducted salary that is looked at when assessing against the Codes of Practice?
see para 26.13-26.15 in the above link about what can be included under allowances. The salary threshold refers to the salary including permitted allowances.

Thanks,
SB

snoopyPOO
Newly Registered
India

Post by snoopyPOO » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:48 pm

manci wrote:
snoopyPOO wrote:Hello Manci/ anyone with accurate information,

My questions are:

not after it has been assigned, see para 23.28 in the sponsor guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf

2. Is it the total gorss salary, or the allowance deducted salary that is looked at when assessing against the Codes of Practice?
see para 26.13-26.15 in the above link about what can be included under allowances. The salary threshold refers to the salary including permitted allowances.

Thanks,
SB
Thank so much for this Manci.

if I could add a few more questions to get better clarity of the situation:

My sponsor withdrew the incorrect CoS this morning. however they say that they are unable to assign a new one as of yet. Can a sponsor only assign a new u-Cos if there are no pending withdrawn approvals?

Additionally, their quota for unrestricted sponsorships was 1 until 05April15. They has applied for the prev CoS (the incorrect one) on 02Apr15. Given we are past the allocation renewal date, will they be given another 1 unrestricted CoS based on last years quota?

Once again, genuinely appreciate your help on this. Its quite difficult deciphering the info online when your stressed about things like this.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:05 pm

all unrestricted CoS allocations expire on 5 April and for 2015/16 new ones have to be applied for. The process usually takes up to 2 weeks but could be longer now at the start of the new year

The withdrawal of a Cos has no bearing on this

snoopyPOO
Newly Registered
India

Post by snoopyPOO » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:10 pm

manci wrote:all unrestricted CoS allocations expire on 5 April and for 2015/16 new ones have to be applied for. The process usually takes up to 2 weeks but could be longer now at the start of the new year

Thanks for getting back to me on this Manci. Correct me if ive misunderstood though, but I was under the impression that folloing 06 April 2014, the unrestricted CoS allocations are automatically renewed at the start of a CoS year (based on the previous years allocations).

Have I got it wrong?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:00 pm

snoopyPOO wrote:
manci wrote:all unrestricted CoS allocations expire on 5 April and for 2015/16 new ones have to be applied for. The process usually takes up to 2 weeks but could be longer now at the start of the new year

Thanks for getting back to me on this Manci. Correct me if ive misunderstood though, but I was under the impression that folloing 06 April 2014, the unrestricted CoS allocations are automatically renewed at the start of a CoS year (based on the previous years allocations).
no, a sponsor's unrestricted CoS allocations are set to zero on 5 April each year and new allocations have to be applied for via the SMS

Have I got it wrong?

snoopyPOO
Newly Registered
India

Post by snoopyPOO » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:11 pm

manci wrote:
snoopyPOO wrote:

no, a sponsor's unrestricted CoS allocations are set to zero on 5 April each year and new allocations have to be applied for via the SMS

Have I got it wrong?
Thanks for the info manci. You were (obviously) right, and now I am in the unfortunate position of waiting for my sponsor to get their request granted.

snoopyPOO
Newly Registered
India

Post by snoopyPOO » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:55 am

Hey Manci,

Apologies for bothering you about this again, but I'm concerned about the time taken for the U-cos allocation to come through. My sponsor requested for an allocation on he 9the of April. However even through they have been ringing the sponsor helpline almost everyday since, there is no word of an allocation yet. Would you happen to know a more accurate timeframe for how long it takes these days?

Unfortunately we cannot expedite it as my current visa expires next year.

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:18 pm

Requests for UCoS allocations are normally processed within 2 weeks or less but there may be a logjam because of the start of the new CoS year