ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Dependents to join

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sud315

Visa for Dependents to join

Post by sud315 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:25 pm

Hope I can use the same thread to ask similar topic question?

I've sent my application for Set LR recently.
If my application do be successful, can my partner apply to join me? applying from overseas
How about life in the UK test then? He's not done it!
Would he need it to join me or is it when he apply for settlement after 5 years/10 years or something only it's need to be shown?
Can anyone help please? Thanks heaps!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa for Dependents to join

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:34 pm

If my application do be successful, can my partner apply to join me? applying from overseas yes, apply for a spouse visa : https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk First visa will be for 33 months then an extension will be needed for a further 2.5 years to make up 5 years begore applying for ILR. You need to meet the financial requirement of £18,600 per annum, spouse needs English A1 test and you will have to pay the NHS surcharge of £200 per year payable upfront at the time of application of visa https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ment/start

How about life in the UK test then? He's not done it! Not required for spouse visa. Only for ILR

Would he need it to join me or is it when he apply for settlement after 5 years/10 years or something only it's need to be shown? LIUK only needed for ILR after 5 years
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:10 am

CR001

Many thanks for the prompt reply. Very helpful :) :) :)
(Thanks for moving the post accordingly too!!)

sud315

Post by sud315 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:10 am

Also another question, I have recently sent my ILR.
As don't know how long it may take, can my partner apply under family visitor visa from overseas? I'm afraid that my ILR may take longer and I'm stuck here all alone :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:15 am

It is a general visitor visa because you dont have ILR yet.

Unlikely spouse would get a visit visa. What evidence will be provided that uour spouse will leave the UK?

When did you apply for ILR?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:25 am

Oh so the family visa wouldn't work? :(
He already applied for tourist/ visitor visa then and got refused "dissatisfied" is what they've given as reason! :roll:
Some one said because they see that we used it as the last resort and married people should apply as dependants.
But dependant visa got refused, had an appeal on process here in UK but withdrew it and flew home for wedding a month ago. I've come back alone.

Evidence could show a return ticket, but then what's the point of buying a ticket without visa being sure itself.
But if my ILR wouldn't work, then would be returning home anyway (there appears to be a break, but solicitor said that's not and its minor).
Or go and apply as my dependent if ILR worked.

Posted application 24th March. Didn't know one day service would be coming into effect

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:32 am

What is your full detailed 10 year immigration/visa history?

A return airticket is not sufficent to show ties to return. A visit visa will likely be regused again.

What dependant visa did your spouse apply for previosly?

How long have you and your partner been together?

It is difgicult to give sdvice when you don't list all the details, of yoursel and your partners visa applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sud315

Post by sud315 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:48 am

My history
4.5 years w/p dependent (under my mother) entered uk 2004 December (although visa was granted in 23 June 2004)
2 years PSW
3.5 year student visa
Went home in 2009 May to switch category to apply as student visa (just finishing 1st year of BSc)
This visa got refused 12th June (before original visa finished) due to CAS letter being not detailed enough.
Admin Review was successful. Came back for uni in 2009 Sep.

Spouse history
Entered UK 2010 September under Tier 4
Living together from 2011 August
Got engaged/ registered 2012 Oct
Applied as Dependent of my PSW 2012 Oct and came in Nov 2012

PSW finished last July. I then applied 1 year student visa
But dependent rejected because CAS given less than 12 months.
Appealed in October. But withdrew appeal in Feb to go for wedding in March.

Thank you CR001

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:51 am

You will need to wait for outcome of uour application and then devide from there. Do you meet the financial requirement?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sud315

Post by sud315 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:58 am

I thought there wasn't any?
Is it 18600? Then that's Ok

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:06 am

Yes, you need to have a salary of £18,600 per annum. If your last visa/leave was student visa, how do you meet the financial requirement?
Char (CR001 not Casa)