ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shafAhmed
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by shafAhmed » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:46 am

Ring Gerry's office or go down with your receipt and say I am here to collect my passport..

shafAhmed
Newly Registered

Post by shafAhmed » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:48 am

They should have it. Seems like they just haven't send a text message. Just go down like you have been told to collect it...

aminoacid88

Post by aminoacid88 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:06 pm

shafAhmed wrote:They should have it. Seems like they just haven't send a text message. Just go down like you have been told to collect it...
I've been twice! Last time was last Friday. There's a delay from the BHC

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:12 pm

aminoacid88 wrote:
shafAhmed wrote:They should have it. Seems like they just haven't send a text message. Just go down like you have been told to collect it...

Aminoacid so what did the gerrys lot say when u went there ? Did u explain that its been processed like 3 weeks ago ?

aminoacid88

Post by aminoacid88 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:14 pm

Shreen wrote:
aminoacid88 wrote:

Aminoacid so what did the gerrys lot say when u went there ? Did u explain that its been processed like 3 weeks ago ?
I did. They said that because it's almost been 12 weeks it should be coming soon. But so far they don't have it and no knowledge of it having been sent back.

shafAhmed
Newly Registered

Post by shafAhmed » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:17 pm

Did you go to your MP to chase it up with Home Office?

aminoacid88

Post by aminoacid88 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:26 pm

shafAhmed wrote:Did you go to your MP to chase it up with Home Office?
I told hubby that but because elections are coming next month parliament has been dissolved. MPs are busy campaigning and will b hard to chase. Do u think people that work in the back offices with the MP can try?

shafAhmed
Newly Registered

Post by shafAhmed » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:46 pm

Yes. Explain to them that it has been so long for them to send documents and passport back. This is the time they help you the most to get your vote.
I have always got stuff done through the MP receptionist. He just signs.

shafAhmed
Newly Registered

Post by shafAhmed » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:52 pm

It will be written that you are his constituent.

aminoacid88

Post by aminoacid88 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:07 pm

shafAhmed wrote:Yes. Explain to them that it has been so long for them to send documents and passport back. This is the time they help you the most to get your vote.
I have always got stuff done through the MP receptionist. He just signs.
Okay great, thank you. Will speak to my husband asap. Thanks so much for your help

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:23 pm

Cant seem to work out why applications from Karachi are taking so long, even asked the Lady over the phone at UKVI but she didnt have an answer

auntsally

Post by auntsally » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:54 pm

Enzo111 are you out there have you heard anything?

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:04 pm

Hello all,
Hope in sha Allah everyone gets their visa soon.i have question to ask to clear my doubts. I have applied for my wife spouse visa online last week on Tuesday and got the appointment on 10 April to submit biometric and all the required documents. Home Office just started NHS surcharges for migrants coming to uk. My question is do I have to pay for those though I applied before 6th April.
Many thanks in advance.

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:10 pm

khan_81 wrote:Hello all,
Hope in sha Allah everyone gets their visa soon.i have question to ask to clear my doubts. I have applied for my wife spouse visa online last week on Tuesday and got the appointment on 10 April to submit biometric and all the required documents. Home Office just started NHS surcharges for migrants coming to uk. My question is do I have to pay for those though I applied before 6th April.
Many thanks in advance.

Think you would as the surcharge came into act from the 6th of April 2015, although it doesnt state anywhere if that is applicable to date the payment made or the date of the biometrics. Didnt they ask you to pay it when you made a payment for the visa application?

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:15 pm

Hello thanks for your reply. Well I have paid online and amount was 885 which is for the spouse visa.
Thanks

sean2606 wrote:
Many thanks in advance.

Think you would as the surcharge came into act from the 6th of April 2015, although it doesnt state anywhere if that is applicable to date the payment made or the date of the biometrics. Didnt they ask you to pay it when you made a payment for the visa application?

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:40 pm

khan_81 wrote:Hello thanks for your reply. Well I have paid online and amount was 885 which is for the spouse visa.
Thanks

sean2606 wrote:
Many thanks in advance.

£885 is the old fee as from 6th april it increased to £955 or something so seems like your safe

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:12 pm

Many thanks in advance.

Hey ... If u did ur online application before 6th april and paid for it then ur ok as nhs charge is for people who have paid and done online application after 6 april .... So dont worri ur 100% ok x

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:33 pm

Thanks Shreen for your response. It kinda relaxed me abit. One more question when I entered my card details in the payment section, it all went through and my wife, received email about confirmation and appointment date with the reference number . But till now no payment has been taken from my account.
Is it normal and on the appointment day they process the payment or am I missing something here?
Many thanks

Shreen wrote:
Many thanks in advance.

Hey ... If u did ur online application before 6th april and paid for it then ur ok as nhs charge is for people who have paid and done online application after 6 april .... So dont worri ur 100% ok x

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:10 am

Khan 81
It takes about 48 hours or so to show up on your account and slightly longer over weekends/ bank holidays.

Enzo111
Newly Registered

Post by Enzo111 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:20 am

Aunty Sally
I've not heard anything. It's 7 weeks now since applied. And it's been 2 weeks since further enquires, just getting abit worried now with what can happen, please pray for me.
I think you should ring and see where your case has got to now.

shafAhmed
Newly Registered

Post by shafAhmed » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:43 am

I received an email from UKVI. The application has been processed. Are there any clues in the email to now if we got it???

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:14 am

Any applicants from Karachi with any updates?

shafAhmed
Newly Registered

Post by shafAhmed » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:36 am

Does anyone know what text Visa Office text when the application is processed and ready to collect. Is it automatically generated?

Sheebee1
Newly Registered

Post by Sheebee1 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:31 pm

As salaam alikum congratulations to everyone who have been their visa.

My husband had his tb test today in which the x ray was unclear, he has been told he now has to wait 1 month before he can be re tested. Is this true? Can someone guide me on what to do next.

JazakAllah

daddoo110

Post by daddoo110 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:53 pm

sean2606 wrote:Any applicants from Karachi with any updates?
Sean2606 I just asked for status update yesterday and got the same reply "application has been delayed whilst further
enquiries are being conducted" I dont understand what kinda enquiries they are doing its been almost 4 weeks for the same status.
Today i called them and asked whats going on the person said your application is opened ECO is enquiring and BHC started working on your application from march this is kinda lol
Category A
Online Application 16-1-2015
Submitted Docs At Karachi 19-01-2015
Received At BHC ISB 21-1-2015
No Current Updates 3-3-2015
Delayed For Further Checks 19-3-2015