ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP. Ilr and getting tax credits and child benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MamaT
Newly Registered

URGENT HELP. Ilr and getting tax credits and child benefit

Post by MamaT » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:08 am

I need your help. I have beenin the UK for over 12 years.
I came as a student. Then changed to dependant. My husband was also subject to no recourse to public funds. Anyways we started hqving problems.. which also included domestic violence and all. So i ran away. My son was granted ILR even when both his parents didnt have ILR. I WAS ADVISED I COULD GET CHILD BENEFIT AND TAX CREDITS. so i claimed and was accepted. But now that am about to apply for my Ilr am told that becaise my visa states no recourse to publuc funds. That i may get refused. But i went and saw a lawyer and they said we can try and fight it. On the grounds of being mislead to apply for the funds and that if need be i will repay ever penny claimed over the last 6years.
I am worried that i will never be avle to get my ILR now is there anyone who has had ilr approved even wen they haf claimed some benefits. Please help. someone advised me to cance claiming and wait atleast 3 months before applying. Then apply and contest i was lead.what shall i do??? I feel i wws very mislead and this is very worrying now.

Omor4real

Re: URGENT HELP. Ilr and getting tax credits and child benef

Post by Omor4real » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:47 pm

MamaT wrote:I need your help. I have beenin the UK for over 12 years.
I came as a student. Then changed to dependant. My husband was also subject to no recourse to public funds. Anyways we started hqving problems.. which also included domestic violence and all. So i ran away. My son was granted ILR even when both his parents didnt have ILR. I WAS ADVISED I COULD GET CHILD BENEFIT AND TAX CREDITS. so i claimed and was accepted. But now that am about to apply for my Ilr am told that becaise my visa states no recourse to publuc funds. That i may get refused. But i went and saw a lawyer and they said we can try and fight it. On the grounds of being mislead to apply for the funds and that if need be i will repay ever penny claimed over the last 6years.
I am worried that i will never be avle to get my ILR now is there anyone who has had ilr approved even wen they haf claimed some benefits. Please help. someone advised me to cance claiming and wait atleast 3 months before applying. Then apply and contest i was lead.what shall i do??? I feel i wws very mislead and this is very worrying now.
If you want to claim you were misled why not cancel it as someone has told you, as it clearly stated on your visa that you are not entitled so you shouldn't have claimed them, but who are we to judge. However if your child has ILR why not look if you can get he or she British Passport that way you know what ever happen you will have high chance of not being deported.

MamaT
Newly Registered

Post by MamaT » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:57 pm

yes i but was advised that i was mislead and even the women at the refugee center told me i could claim. but by the look of it even you who has replied has replied in a sarcastic way. i wasnt looking for judgement, i asked a question. thats it

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:38 pm

MamaT wrote:I need your help. I have beenin the UK for over 12 years.
You may want to post this topic under the Claiming benefits forum, in order to get the required attention and further input.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/claiming-benefits-f38/

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:34 am

I suggest you change your current BRP to one which allows public funds given destitution. That in additional to cancelling current claims.

See https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... NRPF10.pdf
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.